- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August, 2021
- Sarna Interviews Ray Arrastia, BattleTech Line Developer At Catalyst Games
- Community Outreach - Converting HBS’s BATTLETECH Campaign To Tabletop With Riley Centrella
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For June, 2021
- Read more →
- This article is about the BattleMech. For the Clan Jade Falcon training officer rank, see Falconer (rank).
|Manufacturer||TharHes Industries, General Motors|
|Mech type||Inner Sphere BattleMech|
|Chassis||McLarren-75B Endo Steel|
|Engine||GM 375 XL|
|Communications System||TharHes Calliope ZE-2|
|Targeting Tracking System||TharHes Ares-7i|
|Heat Sinks||10 Double Heat Sinks|
|Jump Jets||Devil A7|
The Falconer was designed at the order of Hanse Davion to create a 'Mech that could tame the Jade Falcons and defeat a Clan OmniMech in one-on-one combat. The Falconer is powered by a General Motors 375 XL Engine that propels the 'Mech to a top speed of 86.4 km/h. This speed is enhanced with greater mobility by five Devil A7 jump jets that allow the Falconer to jump the considerable distance of one hundred and fifty meters. The Falconer also saves weight to carry as many weapons as possible by using a lightweight Endo Steel chassis and carries eleven and a half tons of Valiant Chainmail armor plating, which gives the Falconer a respectable amount of armor protection.
Weapons and Equipment
The Falconer carries a weapons mix that attempts to negate the range advantage of the weapons used by the Clans. The primary weapon on the 'Mech is a Poland Main Model A Gauss Rifle, which is capable of stripping a ton of armor off an enemy unit at extreme ranges. It is backed up by a Defiance 1001 ER PPC, having a similar range profile to the Gauss Rifle and doing about a third less damage, but non-dependent upon ammunition. Finally, the Falconer carries four Defiance B3M Medium Lasers to give it a powerful close range punch.
- Danai Centrella was the heir to the throne of the Magistracy of Canopus. During the Great Refusal, she fought alongside Victor Steiner-Davion and his Federated Commonwealth contingent while piloting a Falconer. She was killed fighting Clan Smoke Jaguar.
In German products the unit's proper name was perfectly translated to Falkner. The model code was accordingly changed to FKN-8R.
- Objectives: Federated Suns, p. 19
- MUL online date for the Falconer
- Combat Operations, p. 131
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 96
- Objectives: Lyran Alliance, pp. 3, 25
- Technical Readout: 3085, p. 190
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged — Old is the New New, p. 102
- BattleMech Manual, p. 91 Design Quirk Table - Falconer Entry.
- Prince of Havoc, p. ??
- BattleMech Manual
- Combat Operations
- Objectives: Federated Suns
- Objectives: Lyran Alliance
- Prince of Havoc
- Record Sheets: 3055/3058
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrade
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged — Old is the New New
- Technical Readout: 3055
- Technical Readout: 3055 Upgrade
- Technical Readout: 3085