Field Gun Infantry
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August 2020
- MechWarrior 5 DLC, Heroes Of The Inner Sphere, Previewed In Podcasts And Streams
- MechCommander Returns As a MechWarrior 5 Mod
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2020
- The Evolution Of Long-Range Missiles In BattleTech, or Why You Should Shut Up And Love The LRM-5
- Read more →
|Motorized Batteries, Seventy-fifth Light Guard, First Taurian Lancers|
|Platoon Type (Specialty)||Motorized, Field Artillery (None)|
|Platoon Size (Squad/Platoon)||30 (10/3)|
|Primary Weapon||24 Auto-Rifles|
|Secondary Weapon||6 Support Particle Cannons|
|Armor||Taurian Concordat/Calderon Standard Infantry Kit|
|Tech Base/Rating||Inner Sphere (C/B-B-B)|
|Transport Weight||37 tons|
|To-Hit Modifier (Range in Hexes)||–1 (0 Hexes), 0 (1-3 Hexes), +2 (4-6 Hexes), +4 (7-9 Hexes)|
Motorized infantry benefit from their ability to tow Field Guns into battle, allowing them to wield the firepower equal to larger vehicles and 'Mechs.
For the post-Jihad Taurian Concordat these units are seen as a means of making the best use of their dwindling resources. The Motorized Batteries of the 75th Light Guard and 1st Taurian Lancers have begun training with Light Autocannon batteries; using ammunition copied from the Federated Suns to deadly effect.
Soldiers in the Seventy-fifth carry Auto-Rifles and Support Particle Cannons for personal defense, however it is the 6 Light Autocannon/5s each platoon tows into battle that gives them the offensive punch. Each gun comes with 20 rounds of ammunition and requires only 5 men to operate.
This is a direct link to the MUL page for the Alpha Strike card:
- Technical Readout:3085, p. 215