- Your BattleTech News Roundup For March, 2021
- MechWarrior 5 Is On Steam & Catalyst Is Having A Sourcebook Sale
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For February, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For January, 2021
- Community Outreach - The Art Of BattleTech, Renegade HPG, And The Remastered BattleTech Cartoon
- Read more →
|Battle of Kwamashu|
|Part of Sixth Andurien War|
Duchy of Andurien
|Commanders and leaders|
|Ivan Casson||Colonel Daum|
|Eagle's Talons||Kwamashu Militia|
On February 7th, 3138, a massive explosion occurred on the world of Kwamashu during a raid by the Oriente Protectorate's elite battalion, the Eagle’s Talons. The explosion was centered on the target of the raid - reportedly a BattleMech assembly planet which had been put on-line by the Duchy of Andurien. As the Talons entered the plant, an explosion occurred and the subsequent toxic fallout spread across the city of Breezewood in a matter of hours. The cloud continued to spread across the world, killing the majority of the planetary population within weeks and rendering the planet barely habitable for decades to come.
News of the disaster quickly spread throughout the Inner Sphere via civilian footage.
The Oriente Protectorate became aware the explosion had been pre-planned and triggered by outside agents. Warden Thaddeus Marik made a discovery on the occupied Andurien world of Mosiro, finding authentic footage of rescue teams blaming Oriente for triggering the explosion rather than Andurien.
Secretly, a Ghost Knight of the Republic of the Sphere, created the rumors of an assembly plant being built in Breezewood and seeded two sets of "authentic" footage blaming both the Oriente Protectorate and Duchy of Andurien for the disaster. It is not known if the identities of those responsible for the doctored footage were ever found.
- Surrender Your Dreams, p. 66, "Chemical Explosion"
- To Ride the Chimera, p. 220, "Jessica Marik decides to end the War with Andurien".
- To Ride the Chimera, pp. 144-145 - "Suspicion the explosion had been planned".
- To Ride the Chimera, pp. 217-220, "Discovery and revelation to both sides that they had been fooled with two sets of "authentic" footage of the disaster".
- Surrender Your Dreams, p. 170, "Sir Jeremy Chin, impersonating an Andurien officer, tells Colonel Daum of the Kwamashu militia that he is part of a team sent to establish a 'Mech assembly plant".