- MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Has Arrived - Here's What You Can Expect
- The 'Mech That Looks Most Like A Turkey
- Community Outreach - How Michael Todd Met Robert N. Charrette
- Community Outreach - The Robert N. Charrette Collection
- New Heavy Metal Trailer For HBS’ BattleTech Reveals New ‘Mech: The Bull Shark
- Read more →
|Tech Base||Star League|
|Sail Diameter||1,100 m|
|Safe Thrust||1.5 g|
|Top Thrust||2.5 g|
|KF Drive Integrity||13|
|Armament|| 16 x ER Large Lasers |
16 x Medium Lasers
32 x Small Pulse Lasers
16 x Anti-Missile Systems
16 x LRM-20s with Artemis IV FCS
8 x NAC/20s
4 x NAC/35s
6 x NAC/40s
16 x NL35s
2 x Medium NPPCs
2 x Heavy NPPCs
|Grav Decks||2, 100 and 130 meter diameters|
|Escape Pods/Life Boats||45|
|Heat Sinks||519 (1,038)|
The initial design of the Draconis Combine’s first generation of post-Clan Invasion WarShips, the Kyushu-class frigate is intended primarily for transport/defense of invasion task forces and forms a large portion of the Combine's resurgent WarShip fleet.
With initial construction beginning in 3053 and finishing in late 3057, the class was among the first modern Successor States warships completed. While not intended for anti-ship operations, the frigate’s weapons array, Lithium-Fusion Battery, Ferro-Aluminum armor, and Double Heat Sinks allow the Kyushu to defend itself and the units in its care admirably.
Like many post-Helm Memory Core Inner Sphere designs, the Kyushu features primarily anti-fighter weaponry supported by a still sizable array of capital class weapons. The nose bays feature two NAC/40, two NAC/20s, two NL35s and a single Heavy NPPC supported by twin ER Large Lasers, two Medium Lasers, two Artemis enhanced LRM-20s, five point defense Small Pulse Lasers. The fore angles each feature a NL35, two NAC/35s, two ER Large and two standard Medium lasers, two LRM-20s and five point defense pulse small lasers, with each broadside bay featuring the same layout while adding a NAC/20 and Medium NPPC. The vessel's aft weaponry mirrors the fore ones, apart from upgrading the NAC/35s on the aft angles for NAC/40s.
The vessel’s 66,166 ton cargo capacity is divided between a small cargo area, combined berthing for eighteen AeroSpace Fighters and twelve Small Craft, and its huge BattleMech bay. The Kyushu’s most notable feature, the bay features 108 'Mech cubicles, a complete 'Mech Regiment, which can be transported to a planet’s surface either by transferring to one of the four attached DropShips, two at a time via one of the Kyushu’s twelve specially modified cargo shuttles or if the WarShip is in low orbit, directly from the cargo bay via Drop Pods.
- Robinson Transport - the Kyushu-class frigate was actually based in part on Davion Robinson-class transports captured by the Combine in the early Succession Wars.
- MUL online date for the Kyushu
- AeroTech 2 Record Sheets, p. 293
- Technical Readout: 3075, p. 236, "Pair of Robinson Transports were captured by Combine, became the basis for Kyushu Class Frigates".