- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August 2020
- MechWarrior 5 DLC, Heroes Of The Inner Sphere, Previewed In Podcasts And Streams
- MechCommander Returns As a MechWarrior 5 Mod
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2020
- The Evolution Of Long-Range Missiles In BattleTech, or Why You Should Shut Up And Love The LRM-5
- Read more →
|Parents|| Michael Davion (father)|
Margaret DuVall (mother)
|Siblings|| Carl Davion|
Joseph Davion II
Melissa was forty-seven and commander of the Second Avalon Hussars when her brother Carl Davion died on David, fighting the Draconis Combine. Like him, she enjoyed the thrill of combat, but she also saw her first responsibility as being to her people. She also took an important role in raising her younger half brother Joseph Davion II.
She was responsible for many sweeping reforms of the AFFS, replacing the previous ad hoc Regimental Combat Teams with permanent formations to encourage co-operation between different regiments. She also streamlined the administration and logistics of the AFFS. These changes could have been seen as an attack on tradition, but Melissa was careful to move slowly and secure support for her changes from her Marshals and the senior nobility.
Melissa's 'Model Army' proved its mettle on Robinson when her former regiment drove the Third Sword of Light off the planet after a month of brutal fighting. Shortly afterwards, Melissa contracted Joshallan Fever, the cure for which had been lost during the Succession Wars, and died only a few weeks later.
|“||I too enjoy the thrill of combat, but I am not foolish enough to allow myself that luxury. I know how much my people need me, and that is my greatest responsibility. My brother was a fool; I am not.||”|
|— Princess Melissa Davion, in an unpublished letter to Field Marshal Lennox, a trusted adviser and friend, 2877|
|“||When two armies of equal strength face off, victory will go to the side whose soldiers genuinely care for each other and will, therefore, willingly risk their lives for their comrades.||”|
|— Princess Melissa Davion, in an unpublished letter to Field Marshal Lennox, 2892|
Titles and Positions
|First Prince of the Federated Suns
| Succeeded by|
Joseph Davion II
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 112, "Leaders of the Federated Suns"
- House Davion (The Federated Suns), p. 79, "Creation Of The Model Army"
- House Davion (The Federated Suns), p. 80, "Battle For Robinson"