Richard Cameron (25th c.)
|Parents||Brian Cameron (father)|
Katherine McQuiston (mother)
Richard Cameron was an ambitious man who also enjoyed to spoil his family.
Richard was originally the illegitimate child of Katherine McQuiston and Brian Cameron. His mother was married at the time with his father's brother, Raymond Cameron. His conception and birth would create a scandal that left his Uncle dead, and his father nearly strung up on charges of murder and treason.
Early Life and Career
After growing up, he would become a Naval Officer in the Hegemony Armed Forces Naval branch. He rose through the ranks to command a Lola Class Destroyer named the THS Beatrice. His military career was cut short when his Aunt Judith retired as Director-General of the Terran Hegemony.
As Director-General of the Terran Hegemony
The Federated Suns Campaign of 2431 and Erosion of the Semi-Democracy
In 2431, the Hegemony's relationship with the Federated Suns began to deteriorate. Several factors brought tensions to the boiling point on the jointly owned world of Cartago. The planet's government had placed economic sanctions against the Hegemony; and the world's population, who were more loyal to the Federated Suns than the Terran Hegemony, claimed that the Hegemony's oxygen factories were stripping the planet of its own oxygen. Following a number of clashes on planet between the two militaries, the Hegemony was left in sole possession: a number of people were killed. Tensions with the Federated Suns continued to rise after the Armed Forces of the Federated Suns invasion of Cartago was repelled.
After the attack on Cartago, Richard chose to go on an offensive campaign against the Federated Suns targeting the world of Kentares. Despite his forces lacking combat experience, they would hand him a victory as Davion forces were pushed off world. This victory increased his popularity with the Hegemony's public which gave Richard the leverage that he was seeking in order to be able to ratify his Nomination Process Bill, which allows the Director-General to select their successor, in 2432.
Death in the Rocky Mountains
In 2433, Richard had gone a tour of the Hegemony Research Alliance Department's (HRAD) facilities located in the Canadian Rocky Mountains on Terra. While on the tour, he suffered from a heart attack and died. His son Jacob, would be voted for take his place as Director-General.
Family & Legacy
His accomplishments included the successful conquest of Kentares as well as amending the nomination process that would allow the sitting Director-General to choose whom they wished to succeed them.
- The Star League, p. 182, "Cameron Family Tree": Richard Cameron I's birth, death, and years of reign
- The Star League, pp. 29-30 Richard Cameron I & Jacob Cameron - Jacob's profile alludes to Richard's behavior to his family. While Richard's history of military aggression suggests his ambition.
- The Star League, p. 25 Raymond Cameron - Richard's birth would herald trouble for his family.
- The Star League, p. 25 Brian Cameron - Brian marries Richard's mother and claims him as his son.
- The Star League, p. 29 Richard Cameron I - Brief info on Richard I's adult life and career before Director-General.
- The Star League, p. 29 Richard Cameron - His notable actions as Director-General.
- The Star League, p. 30, 182 Jacob Cameron & Cameron Family Tree - Richard Cameron I's death noted. Family Tree gives actual year where write-up does not
- The Star League, pp. 29-30, 182 Richard Cameron/Jacob Cameron/Family Tree - Richard's legacy and family details.