- MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Has Arrived - Here's What You Can Expect
- The 'Mech That Looks Most Like A Turkey
- Community Outreach - How Michael Todd Met Robert N. Charrette
- Community Outreach - The Robert N. Charrette Collection
- New Heavy Metal Trailer For HBS’ BattleTech Reveals New ‘Mech: The Bull Shark
- Read more →
- This article is about the BattleMech. For the military rank, see Tai-sho (rank).
|Chassis||Star League XT|
|Communications System||Garret T-19G w/dual C3 Computer|
|Targeting Tracking System||Cat's Eyes|
|Heat Sinks||13 Double Heat Sinks|
The Tai-sho is designed to link an entire C3 equipped company together. To do this, the Tai-sho carries two C3 master computers. The Tai-sho is built on a Star League XT chassis that carries a Strand 255 fusion engine, giving the 'Mech a top speed of 54.0 km/h while also adding to the durability of the design. The 'Mech is protected with fifteen tons of Durallex Ferro-Fibrous armor and also has CASE in its right torso to protect the 'Mech from an ammunition explosion. To dissipate waste heat, the Tai-sho is equipped with thirteen double heat sinks. The Tai-sho is a powerful command 'Mech when combined with other C3 equipped 'Mechs and can even hold its own in most one-on-one engagements.
Weapons and Equipment
The Tai-sho concentrates on keeping an enemy at long range and using targeting data from friendly units to enhance its long range capabilities. The primary weapons it carries are a pair of Lord's Light 2 ER PPCs capable of keeping an adversary at arms reach. These are backed up by an Imperator Automatic Ultra Autocannon/10 which can fire at twice the rate of a standard autocannon.
- MUL online date for the Tai-Sho (BattleMech)
- Combat Operations, p. 125
- Record Sheets: 3060, p. 214
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 179
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 180 - New Variant of Tai-sho now has record sheet.