- MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Has Arrived - Here's What You Can Expect
- The 'Mech That Looks Most Like A Turkey
- Community Outreach - How Michael Todd Met Robert N. Charrette
- Community Outreach - The Robert N. Charrette Collection
- New Heavy Metal Trailer For HBS’ BattleTech Reveals New ‘Mech: The Bull Shark
- Read more →
|Mission|| Fire Support Spotter |
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere|
|Armor||Valiant Chainmail Ferro-Fibrous|
|Engine||Pitban 210 XL|
|Communications System||Garret T21-C|
|Targeting Tracking System||Wasat Watchdog W105 w/A-Trac|
The Tufana hovercraft was built initially for the Principality of Regulus' armed forces just after the Jihad. The vehicle was conceived to be used as a spotter for fire support elements of a unit. Due to its qualities, Regulans initially screen potential crewmembers to make sure team oriented personnel would be assigned to the Tufana, ensuring the vehicle's team doctrine was followed.
The vehicle uses its TAG and Narc Missile Beacon to aid its lance-mates in use of artillery and Semi-Guided LRMs. It is protected by 4.5 tons of Ferro-Fibrous armor, however it is the vehicle's speed that provides for most protection from enemy fire.
Weapons and Equipment
The Tufana's main offensive weapon is its turreted mounted 7-tubed multi-missile launcher. The launcher was given 4 tons of ammunition in order to give its crews various ammunition types to choose from. Also found in the turret are the TAG designator and NARC Missile Launcher. The NARC beacon has been given 2 tons of ammunition.
- A requested variant introduced in 3083, which is highly popular with the Capellan Confederation. The vehicle's NARC launcher is swapped for an Improved NARC Missile launcher. To make room for the iNarc missiles, the vehicle's MML is downgraded to a 3-tube launcher. A pair of Medium Pulse Lasers are mounted in the turret to make up for the downgrade of the multi-missile launcher. Lastly, the vehicle has a pair of Extended Range Small Lasers mounted in the nose. BV(2.0) = 756
- Technical Readout: 3085, p. 20-21, "Tufana Hovercraft"
- MUL online date for the Tufana
- MUL online data for the Tufana Hovercraft (iNarc) variant
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 21