- Community Outreach - The Robert N. Charrette Collection
- New Heavy Metal Trailer For HBS’ BattleTech Reveals New ‘Mech: The Bull Shark
- You Can Now Play MechWarrior 2 And MechWarrior 2: Mercenaries On Your Browser... Sort Of
- Talking BattleTech Fiction with Philip A. Lee
- Community Outreach - Tex Talks BattleTech
- Read more →
Extra blocking checkbox for merging & deleting?
In the everlasting battle against spambots, I have merged literally thousands of spambot accounts into Anonymous. Merge and delete users is really a fantastic tool.
A suggestion though: In almost all cases, I manually block the user (spambot) in question first before merging & deleting, in order to blacklist the IP adress. The blocking function offers several helpful checkboxes, and I usually check them all except for the last one.
It would cut the time lost on spammers in half if the Merge & Delete function had a similar checkbox option to automatically block the IP the spambot account was created from. It should still be a checkbox because there are cases thinkable where I wouldn't want to block the IP (e.g. we've had a legit user who requested his account be deleted for good, but who wasn't a spammer and would still use the wiki). Frabby (talk) 02:16, 11 January 2018 (EST)
- That is a really good idea. I checked on the UserMerge extension's Page but no one has asked for that feature yet. I'd suggest proposing it there to see if anyone picks it up -- if not, I can see about adding a checkbox some rainy day :) Nicjansma (talk) 21:50, 6 February 2018 (EST)
Max article size?
Hi Nic, is there a limit on the size of articles? Some, like the product list, are very long already. And if we should try to implement nice sortable tables then the article size may double... Frabby (talk) 15:34, 20 May 2019 (EDT)
- The default max article size is 2 MB $wgMaxArticleSize, aka 2,196,608 bytes. We could increase it if needed. The List_of_BattleTech_products is only 87,000 bytes right now.
sortableclass added to the table. Nicjansma (talk) 09:23, 28 August 2019 (EDT)
Star League commands order
I've seen that the Star League commands order is different from the rest. Units assigned in sub-level commands do appear also in the root (something that does not happen in other Military Commands Categories. Am I right if I consider this Category incorrectly done?
I also think there are categories missing that should help reorganize this a bit better? The level of sub commands can be huge, and I do not even know which is the best way to order them.