- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August 2020
- MechWarrior 5 DLC, Heroes Of The Inner Sphere, Previewed In Podcasts And Streams
- MechCommander Returns As a MechWarrior 5 Mod
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2020
- The Evolution Of Long-Range Missiles In BattleTech, or Why You Should Shut Up And Love The LRM-5
- Read more →
|Mission|| Fire Support |
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere|
|Armor||New Samarkand Royal Ferro-Fibrous w/ CASE|
|Engine||Indy 70 XL Fusion Engine|
|Communications System||Sony MSF-23 w/C3|
|Targeting Tracking System||Radcom T11|
The Yasha VTOL is a Draconis Combine produced combat vehicle produced in the mid-3080s. The vehicle was originally conceived as an OmniVTOL by Luthien Armor Works in mid-3060s, however the company found it difficult to pull off. After LAW's destruction, Wakazashi Enterprises of Dover purchased the plans for the OmniVTOL, but decided to go with a standard VTOL design after their own difficulties. With some aid from Clan Nova Cat, the Yasha came into fruition.
The Yasha was designed to use a C3 Slave Computer to help its lancemates to spot enemy units. The VTOL is protected by 3.5 tons of Heavy Ferro-Fibrous armor, with CASE protection for its ammunition.
Due to financial problems of House Kurita, Wakazashi had to put the Yasha on sale to any Inner Sphere power to purchase. When it first was produced, it was expected that Nova Cats would be among those whom would purchase the vehicle for their own use.
Weapons and Equipment
The Yasha's main weapon is its Lord‘s Light 3 Heavy Particle Beam Weapon mounted on its front. As a backup weapon, it also mounts a light machine gun also fitted in its front. This was seen as a means of giving the VTOL the ability to combat light infantry forces.
- This variant was created as an Electronic Warfare Aircraft and introduced in 3085, fitted with a Guardian ECM and Beagle Active Probe. The craft's weaponry is re-arranged to allow for the new role. The Heavy PPC is exchanged for a pair of Artemis IV guided MML-7 Launchers with 3 tons of ammunition. BV (2.0) = 631
- This is a Experimental Tech version of the Yasha also introduced in 3085. This variant uses Vehicular Stealth Armor and a Light Gauss Rifle. This combination makes the vehicle into a stealthy sniper craft. As a requirement to make the Stealth Armor functional, the vehicle comes with a Guardian ECM Suite. The Spectre is not as liked due to it being less armored than its sister designs, despite its stealth abilities. BV (2.0) = 677
- Technical Readout: 3085, pp. 18-19, "Yasha VTOL"
- MUL online date for the Yasha
- MUL online data for the Yasha VTOL (Interdictor) variant
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 18
- MUL online data for the Yasha VTOL "Spectre" variant
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 19