10th Avalon Hussars
- The Challenge With Balance in MechWarrior Online
- First BattleTech of 2018: Republic vs Free Worlds League
- MWO Benefit Tournament For MechWarrior Family That Lost Home Due To Fire
- Community Outreach - TwinkyOverlord of EmpyreaL, Current MWO Champs!
- Animated MechWarrior Series Cancelled After Being Hit With Cease and Desist
- Read more →
|Tenth Avalon Hussars|
|Unit Profile (as of 2765)|
|Parent Formation||Avalon Hussars|
Age of War
The Tenth Avalon Hussars was one of the fourteen active regiments on the rolls of the Avalon Hussars brigade when the end of the Age of War was marked by the creation of the Star League and the formation of the Star League Defense Force. In common with the other regiments of the Hussars, the Tenth traced its roots back to the Terran Marines of the Terran Alliance, and those ties were strong enough that the Tenth was one of six regiments to join the SLDF when it formed. The brigade was proud enough of this that it listed the six regiments - the Fifth, Sixth, Seventh, Tenth, Fifteenth and Eighteenth Hussars - as simply being on detached duty, and it would be more than half a millenium before new units would be created with the designation of any of these regiments.
The Dark Age
The Tenth were evidently reactivated at some point after the end of the Jihad. The Tenth fought on Misery in 3139, although they were unable to prevent the world falling into the hands of the Draconis Combine, and took heavy damage at the hands of Ryuken-go. By 3145 The Tenth had either been destroyed or deactivated once more.
- Field Report: Federated Suns 2765, p. 8, "Avalon Hussars"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 57, "Avalon Hussars"
- Technical Readout: 3145 Draconis Combine, p. 6, "Oni Battle Armor"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 74, "Avalon Hussars"