|Unit Profile (as of 3059)|
|Nickname||Spirit of Steel Edge|
In 3026 Takashi Kurita ordered the creation of a BattleMech unit trained in the tactics of the Wolf's Dragoons mercenary unit. Takashi later ordered that the Ryuken where to be split into several companies and each was to expand to regimental size. The Ryuken-go was one of the units formed.
 4th Succession War
 War of 3039
 Ronin Wars
 Clan Invasion
 Operation Bulldog
 Federated Suns Incursion
Ryuken-go began defending Matsuida from Federated Suns forces in early 3068. The High Command wasn't able to transfer any reinforcements to the world, however, and the unit was destroyed by the end of 3068.
Following the destruction of the Ryuken-go, some of the few survivors went on to band together with remnants of other destroyed DCMS commands such as the 16th Legion of Vega and the 3rd Dieron Regulars to form the mercenary unit known as the Kouki no Otakebi.
Every mechwarrior is skilled in the operation of his machine. This allow the unit complex manuvers. The command prefers open field warfare to used the combined arms to its best. The conventional forces play a important role. During the Battle of Misery, this improved piloting skill allowed the warriors of Ryuken-go to make physical attacks more effectively.
 Composition History
- CO/1st Battalion: Tai-sa Davis Shotoku
- XO: Chu-sa Amanda Li
- 2nd Battalion: Chu-sa Wesley Smith
- 3rd Battalion: Chu-sa Michael Ryoanji
- The unit contains 36 OmniMechs and received many upgrades also.
- Wing Commander: Chu-sa Kimmohito Saimita
Ryuken-go Armor (1 Regiment/Regular/Questionable)
- Armor Commander: Tai-sa Andrew Jamesson
Ryuken-go Motorized Infantry (1 Regiment/Regular/Questionable)
- Troop Commander: Tai-sa Karl Tsechir
- ↑ Wolves on the Boarder, p.??
- ↑ Field Report: DCMS, p. 17
- ↑ Field Report: DCMS, p. 20, "Mercenaries"
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 4.5 Field Manual: Draconis Combine, p. 130, "Ryuken-go Unit Profile"
- ↑ Historical Turning Points: Misery, p. 9
- ↑ Historical: War of 3039 , p. 139