14th Division (Star League)
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- The Challenge With Balance in MechWarrior Online
- First BattleTech of 2018: Republic vs Free Worlds League
- MWO Benefit Tournament For MechWarrior Family That Lost Home Due To Fire
- Read more →
|Unit Profile (as of 2581)|
|Parent Formation||V Corps|
The Fourteenth Royal Division was a part of the Star League Defense Force Regular Army. Formed as a part of V Corps during the creation of the SLDF in the beginning years of the Star League, the 14th Division served in the Outworlds Alliance campaign from the beginning of Operation UNION HOLD in 2581 until peace was declared with the Treaty of Cerberus in 2585.
As a part of the Outworlds Alliance task force, the 14th was stationed on the Draconis Combine worlds of Sinope and Goubellat when the invasion of the Alliance began, moving forward to pacify the occupied world of Bad News in 2581 and then moving forward again to the world of Valentina in 2582, after Valentina had been captured by DCMS forces attached to the Outworlds Alliance Task Force. The first major combat for the 14th was the invasion of Ki Zoban in 2583 by the 40th Brigade, followed by the V Corps massing on Ki Zoban.
Following the invasion of Ki Zoban the 14th was tasked with after seek and destroy raids as a part of General Amos Forlough's plan to defeat the will and ability of the Alliance to resist. The 41st and 42nd Brigades raided Dindatari and then Quiberas, laying waste to towns, cities and factories. The 40th was one of three brigades formed led by Forlough on a raid against the world of Tellman IV, only to be heavily damaged in the resulting Day of Vengeance at the hands of the Pitcairn Legion and Outworlds Alliance Militia forces.
The 41st spent the remainder of the war on Valentina, whilst the 42nd joined the 15th Division forces attempting to conquer Lushann; the 40th spend 2584 on Medron, presumably rebuilding after the battle on Tellman IV, before joining the ongoing campaign to occupy Cerberus in 2585. After the war, the 14th Division and the bulk of V Corps formed the major part of the Outworlds Alliance Army of Occupation, establishing bases alongside the new Star League administration offices on each of the Outworlds Alliance worlds.
Despite the doctrine and organization originally defined for divisions during the creation of the SLDF, the 14th would most likely have been a mélange of combined armed units.
It was confirmed by the author of Historical: Reunification War that in general, the Divisions listed within the Star League sourcebook be traced back directly to those Divisions listed within Historial: Reunification War. However, in 2764 there are two divisions listed as the 14th within the SLDF: the 14th Mechanized Infantry Division, XXV Corps and the 14th Infantry Division, XXVI Corps. It is not known which of these can trace their history back to the 14th Division of the Reunification War era.
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 140, "Outworlds Alliance Front"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 123, "Ki Zoban"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 124, "Baby Killers Unleashed"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 157-160, "The Terms of Outworlds Freedom"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 27, "Divisions and Brigades"
- Ask The Writers: Star League Divisions: Reunification War to Liberation of Terra
- The Star League, p. 141, "Eighth"
- The Star League, p. 143, "Tenth"