19th Division (Star League)
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- The Challenge With Balance in MechWarrior Online
- First BattleTech of 2018: Republic vs Free Worlds League
- MWO Benefit Tournament For MechWarrior Family That Lost Home Due To Fire
- Read more →
|Unit Profile (as of 2588)|
|Parent Formation||VII Corps|
The Nineteenth Division was a part of the Star League Defense Force Regular Army. It was originally formed during the creation of the SLDF in 2571, and was a part of VII Corps during the Reunification War, where it served in the Magistracy of Canopus campaign from 2577 to 2588.
As a part of the Magistracy of Canopus task force, the 19th was stationed on Meadowvale when military action against the Alliance began. The 19th didn't undertake an offensive action at division strength during the Magistracy of Canopus campaign, but the Commanding Officer of VII Corps, Captain-General Marion Marik, would often assign a division or more of troops to the conquest of various worlds by drawing together brigades from across VII Corps. Brigades from the 19th operated in conjunction with independent regiments from within VII Corps as well as fighting alongside units from the Free Worlds League Military assigned to the task force as auxiliary forces.
Brigades from the 19th fought alongside brigades from the 21st Royal Division in 2577 to capture the worlds of Gouderak, Restitution and Umka and alongside brigades from the 20th Division in 2578 to capture Ruschegg. The 57th Brigade was one of two brigades involved in the protracted battle with the Canopian Chasseurs á Cheval on Eleusis in 2579 while the remainder of the 19th secured the world of Obrenovac.
Following two fallow years of rebuilding, refitting and rearming the 19th was put back into combat in 2582, capturing the world of Lindenmarle alongside the 2nd Oriente Hussars and the Juggernaut Regiment of the Stewart Dragoons. In 2583 the 19th was responsible for capturing the worlds of Afarsin, Lockton and Nobel, but the 19th wasn't called on to assist in the conquest of Canopus IV the following year. Despite this, the 19th wasn't idle in 2584; acting with support from various FWLM regiments every brigade within the 19th saw combat, capturing the worlds of Bass, Joyz, Marantha and Tarol IV.
While the campaign would continue after the fall of Canopus the final SDLF victory was certain; the Magistracy Armed Forces continued to resist and contested as many invasions as possible, but lacking much by way of naval assets the Canopians were unable to redeploy rapidly as they had done in the opening stages of the war. As a result, after working with the 21st Royal Division to push the two surviving regiments from the Chasseurs á Cheval from Candiear in 2585 the 55th Brigade was able to defeat the 1st Canopian Light Horse on Palladix in 2586, a battle that also saw the destruction of the 4th Canopian Light Horse; that same year, the 56th Brigade forced the last operational Chasseurs á Cheval regiment, the 2nd Canopian Light Horse, off the world of Harminous. The 19th worked with the 21st Royal Division again in 2587 to destroy or capture the 2nd Canopian Fusiliers and Samuelson's Slaughterers on the world of Cate's Hold, and in the buildup to the final battle with the MAF in 2588 the 19th captured the Magistracy outback world of Hardcore.
The 19th Division (3 Brigades)
Despite the doctrine and organization originally defined for divisions during the creation of the SLDF, the 19th would most likely have been a mélange of combined arms units. The breakdown for the SLDF element of the Canopian task force indicates that just under a half of the SLDF regiments were BattleMech regiments, one-third were infantry regiments and the remaining forces were a mix of armor and AeroSpace regiments.
It was confirmed by the author of Historical: Reunification War that in general, the Divisions listed within the Star League sourcebook be traced back directly to those Divisions listed within Historial: Reunification War. However, there are two divisions active during the Amaris Civil War era with the designation of the 19th: the 19th Infantry Division and the 19th Mechanized Infantry Division. Without more information it isn't possible to determine which of these two divisions can claim the 26th Century 19th Division as antecedant.
- VII Corps units may utilize Overrun Combat.
- VII Corps units gain a +1 bonus to repair rolls.
- The VII Corps commander may select half of the maps used in any battle, irrespective of scenario rules.
- VII Corps units adhere to the Ares Conventions.
- VII Corps units suffer a -2 penalty to Initiative if forced to fight on city maps.
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 148, "Magistracy of Canopus Front (Jump-Off &ndash 2582)"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 149, "Magistracy of Canopus Front (2583 &ndash 2588)"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 97, "Gouderak (June 2577)"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 27, "Divisions and Brigades"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 95, "SLDF Task Force Canopus"
- Ask The Writers: Star League Divisions: Reunification War to Liberation of Terra
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 181, "The Star League"