3rd Liao Guards
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- The Challenge With Balance in MechWarrior Online
- First BattleTech of 2018: Republic vs Free Worlds League
- MWO Benefit Tournament For MechWarrior Family That Lost Home Due To Fire
- Community Outreach - TwinkyOverlord of EmpyreaL, Current MWO Champs!
- Read more →
|3rd Liao Guards|
|Unit Profile (as of 3145)|
|Nickname||Blades of Justice |
|Parent Formation||Liao Guards|
The 3rd Liao Guards were formed in 2759 at the request of Sigismund Liao, younger brother of Chancellor Barbara Liao. The younger Liao was appointed Colonel and oversaw the construction of a large underground bunker complex to serve as the Third's headquarters.
First Succession War
During the First Succession War the Third fought the Free Worlds League Military's invasion of the Sarna Commonality. They were highly effective in this role, and forced the FWLM to use nuclear weapons to destroy them.
The Third Liao Guards were reformed sometime before Operation GREAT FLOOD as one of the Hidden Lion regiments resurrected by Chancellor Daoshen Liao using stockpiled equipment. The new Liao Guards used the Augmented Regiment formations commonly found in the CCAF by 3145. They were a front-line regiment of the Tikonov Commonality.
Operation GREAT FLOOD
During Operation GREAT FLOOD, the Third Liao Guards were the only Liao Guards regiment that took active part in capturing a planet. The assault on New Canton began in disaster as the Third blindly charged the RAF positions and got themselves surrounded. Forced to retreat and await the reinforcing Second McCarron's Armored Cavalry, they later blocked the escape route used by the retreating defenders and captured many vehicles. The salvaged equipment would later be used to replace their earlier losses.
Operation CELESTIAL REWARD
The regiment is slow to react and is predisposed for frontal assault charges.
3rd Liao Guards (Green/Reliable) 
3rd Liao Guards (Regular/Reliable)(75% Strength)
- CO: Sang-shao Tianren Lang
Talons of Justice (2 Flights/Regular/Fanatical)(80% Strength)
- CO: Kong-zhong-shao Zhenzhong Szeto
Full Armored Guard (Green/Reliable)(90% Strength)
- CO: Zhong-shao Stanly Hamilton
4th Bora Assault Guards (Regular/Fanatical)(65% Strength)
- CO: Zhong-shao Norberto Laredo
- The unit had a "B" Equipment Rating. They had numerous Assassins, Firebees, Riflemans and Wolverines.
Color Scheme and Unit Insignia
A scale placed over an upward pointed sword.
The Blades of Justice always suffer from a –1 Initiative modifier, but may use Off-Map Movement. The regiment is both blessed—and cursed—with a penchant for frontal assault. If a Third Guards BattleMech armed with a melee weapon executes a successful charge attack, it may add the damage of the melee weapon, before distributing the total damage in accordance with the charging rules. Do not modify the weapon’s damage for Triple-Strength Myomers or apply any of the special abilities of the weapon’s normal attack (such as the BattleMech Lance’s critical chance) when using this ability. When using a weapon in this way, the BattleMech must make a Piloting Skill check with a +2 target modifier to avoid falling down, even if the charge attack misses.
- Field Report 2765: Capellan Confederation, p. 11
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 35
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 27, "General Review"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 28, "THE NEW OLD-FASHIONED WAY"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 47
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 205
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 28, "Sarna and Tikonov Commonalities"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 29, "Sian Commonality"