3rd Striker Regiment
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- The Challenge With Balance in MechWarrior Online
- First BattleTech of 2018: Republic vs Free Worlds League
- MWO Benefit Tournament For MechWarrior Family That Lost Home Due To Fire
- Community Outreach - TwinkyOverlord of EmpyreaL, Current MWO Champs!
- Read more →
|Third Striker Regiment|
|Unit Profile (as of 2764)|
|Parent Formation||251st BattleMech Division|
The Third Striker Regiment was a part of the Star League Defense Force Regular Army.
Star League Era
Despite the fate of the Third being regarded as unknown for several centuries after the fall of the Star League, subsequent publications released in the thirty-first and thirty-second centuries revealed that the Third almost certainly survived the Hegemony campaign and remained in the Inner Sphere, joining Major General Lauren Hayes and the other SLDF units who chose to join ComStar in support of Jerome Blake. The Third is believed to have formed the basis of the "mercenaries" used to create the Eighth ComStar Expeditionary Division in 2784, along with the Eighty-ninth Dragoon Regiment, 231st Striker Regiment and 321st Hussar Regiment.
Operating alongside the Thirteenth Royal Infantry Division (masquerading as the Fifth ComStar Expeditionary Division) the Third was involved in the most serious fighting of SILVER SHIELD, when they assaulted two former SLDF Mechanized Infantry Divisions - the Seventy-first and 123rd - in the Amazon rainforest on Terra.
- First Succession War, p. 34, "Those Left Behind (Continued)"
- ComStar (sourcebook), p. 13
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 38
- The Star League, p. 147, "Fourteenth"
- First Succession War, p. 52, "Operation SILVER SHIELD"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2, p. 117, "ComStar and the Com Guard"