79th Crimson Guards (Clan Blood Spirit)
- The Challenge With Balance in MechWarrior Online
- First BattleTech of 2018: Republic vs Free Worlds League
- MWO Benefit Tournament For MechWarrior Family That Lost Home Due To Fire
- Community Outreach - TwinkyOverlord of EmpyreaL, Current MWO Champs!
- Animated MechWarrior Series Cancelled After Being Hit With Cease and Desist
- Read more →
|79th Crimson Guards|
|Unit Profile (as of 3085)|
|Parent Formation||Tau Provisional Galaxy|
In the aftermath of the Burrock Absorption in 3059, the Seventy-ninth, along with the Seventeenth Crimson Guards drove the Third Falcon Velites off York and claimed the former Jade Falcon enclave on that planet. The battle was over so quickly that the Seventy-ninth did not fire a shot.
In 3075 the Guards and Tau Galaxy dropped on to Circe as part of the multi-Clan force of the Clan Steel Viper Annihilation. They had taken heavy casualties in the approach by hidden gun batteries and during the ground fighting the Galaxy was over run and broken by the Viper's Beta Galaxy, but was saved by a counter attack by Delta Galaxy of Clan Cloud Cobra.
After the Viper annihilation the Guards were rebuilt in 3082 they were stationed with their Galaxy in the Colleen system. Here in 3083 they came under attack by forces of both Clan Stone Lion and Clan Coyote; taking heavy casualties as they were pushed out of defensive enclaves. They stood at roughly thirty percent strength in 3084 when the Star Adders called for a Trial of Absorption and by the end of the year had been destroyed.
- In 3059 the Commanding Officer was Star Colonel Mort Cluff.
- In 3067 it was commanded by Forrest Campbell. 
- The last commanding officer was Star Colonel James Faraday.
- Field Manual: Crusader Clans, p. 35, "79th Crimson Guards Profile"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 41
- The Wars of Reaving, p.150
- The Wars of Reaving, p.155-157
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 70