88th Crimson Guards (Clan Blood Spirit)
- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
|88th Crimson Guards|
|Unit Profile (as of 3084)|
|Parent Formation||Iota Galaxy|
In the 3060's the Guards and Sigma Provisional Galaxy supported Alpha Galaxy against the constant raids of Clan Star Adder against York, it appears that these raids reduced it in strength to a point were one of its Clusters was disbanded.
During 3069 several Clusters stationed on York were moved to other holdings, presumably transferred to different Galaxies on a "Shell Game" of deceit.  It was probably during this period that the 88th Crimson Guards were transferred to Iota Galaxy.
In late 3069 Khan Schmitt led Alpha and Iota Galaxies against the Adders on Albion quickly capturing a Chrysaor ProtoMech factory and by the end of the year had secured 40% of the planet. In 3070 together with Kindraa Sainze the galaxy pushed the attack against the Adders on Albion.
By 3083 the Guards and Iota Galaxy had moved to the Colleen system. Here it was bid in defence against multiple attacks by Clan Stone Lion and Clan Coyote. The fighting was disastrous for the Spirits and after a few months only two holdings on the planet of Haven remained in their control. By 3084 the Guards could muster only a tenth of their warriors,and by the end of the year was wiped out.
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 36-41
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 70
- The Wars of Reaving, p. 44
- The Wars of Reaving, p.45
- The Wars of Reaving, p.51
- The Wars of Reaving, p.155
- The Wars of Reaving, p.157
- Field Manual: Crusader Clans, p. 34, "88th Crimson Guards Profile"
- Field Manual: Update, p. 70, "Clan Blood Spirit Deployment Table"