|Manufacturer||Detroit Consolidated MechWorks|
|Chassis||Detriot Type III Endo Steel|
|Armor||Hellespont Lite Stealth Armor|
|Engine||Ceres Motors 240 XL|
|Communications System||Ceres Metals Model 666 with Guardian ECM Suite|
|Targeting Tracking System||Dynatec 990|
|Heat Sinks||10 Double heat sinks|
Designed by two engineers from Fredonian Industrial Technologies, Gittleman and Abzug, the Anubis was originally designed to compliment the Osiris BattleMech in use by the Federated Suns. They turned to Detroit Consolidated MechWorks only after the design was turned down by Achernar BattleMechs. The 'Mech incorporates a large number of advanced technologies that reach the Capellan Confederation's allies in the Magistracy of Canopus and Taurian Concordat. The Anubis is built on a weight-saving Detroit Type III Endo Steel chassis. The 'Mech's lightweight chassis carries a powerful Ceres Motors 240 XL engine that gives the Anubis a top speed of 129.6 km/h and is covered in a protective skin of five and a half tons of Hellespont Lite Stealth Armor, making the Anubis extremely hard to hit at long range. In addition, an ECM Suite is used for protection against advanced electronic warfare systems.
The Anubis is armed as an effective light fire support 'Mech. Its primary weapons are four Sian/Ceres Jaguar LRM-5 launchers, allowing the 'Mech to provide long range fire support for other light 'Mechs. For close combat, the Anubis has a Diverse Optics ER Small Laser.
- Developed during the Jihad, this variant of the Anubis uses twin ER Medium Lasers and twin NLRM-5 launchers for its offensive firepower. To increase protection, this Magistracy of Canopus design uses Stealth Armor developed by the Capellan Confederation. An experimental Angel ECM Suite powers the stealth armor and disrupts enemy electronics. BV (2.0) = 1,074
- This Jihad era-variant carries Stealth Armor, and a pair of ER Small Lasers. The typical LRM-5 launchers have been replaced by two MML-5s instead, sharing a two ton ammunition bay in the left torso. A Guardian ECM Suite is fitted to the center torso to power the stealth armor. BV (2.0) = 833
- This version of the Anubis reduces the top speed to 118km/h. The smaller engine allows the weapons load to change. The 5Y uses two LRM-5 launchers for missile support and deployment of Thunder rounds, while each arm carries a Light PPC. This weapons load encourages the pilot to engage in long-range duels, where the eight and a half tons of Stealth Armor is most effective. BV (2.0) = 1,042
- This variant is based on the 5Y. It removes all the weaponry of the 5Y, replacing it with an ER Medium Laser in each arm and a Streak SRM-4 in the side torsos. A head mounted TAG system allows the Anubis to call for fire support, and it carries six and a half tons of Stealth Armor. BV (2.0) = 1066
 Design Quirks
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Technical Readout: 3067, pp. 48-49, "Anubis 'Mech Profile"
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Combat Operations, p. 138
- ↑ Field Manual: Periphery, p. 172, "Anubis 'Record Sheet"
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 70
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 71
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 72
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Experimental Technical Readout: Periphery, p. 3
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 73
- ↑ Technical Readout: 3145 Capellan Confederation, p. 28
- ↑ Technical Readout: 3145 Capellan Confederation, p. 77
- ↑ Technical Readout: 3145 Capellan Confederation, p. 78
- ↑ Technical Readout: 3145 Capellan Confederation, p. 29