|Chassis||FITES-O Endo Steel|
|Engine||Pharaoh 240 XL|
|Communications System||Achernar Electronics HID-8.7|
|Jump Jets||Rawlings 61|
The Osiris was essentially modeled after the Clan Dragonfly and designed by the same engineers who designed the Anubis. While the limits of Inner Sphere technology forced the designers to skimp on the specifications somewhat, the Osiris does maintain the same speed as the design it is based off of with its powerful Pharaoh 240 XL. The armor and jump capacity are sadly lacking, however, as the Osiris can only jump half as far as the Dragonfly with its four Rawlings 61 jump jets and is armored with four and a half tons of StarGuard Ferro-Fibrous. The Osiris was designed to be a fast, hit-and-fade style offensive platform and can perform well in that capacity with its awesome speed, although it does appear to rely too heavily on its mobility to protect it from damage.
Weapons and Equipment
The Osiris' primary weapons are its five Bright Bloom ER Medium Lasers. They can dish out a lot of damage very quickly, and are perfect for a light 'Mech that may be operating far from resupply. The Harpoon-6 SRM-6 gives the 'Mech a supplementary short range punch, while the Double-Gun Machine Gun can quickly deal with unarmored infantry. Pilots do have to be very careful, however, as the 'Mech can overheat rather rapidly if it gets pushed too hard.
- This Jihad-era variant developed in 3081 drops all the weaponry in favor of a single Heavy PPC. The 'Mech makes room for this by using an XL Gyro and a smaller XL Engine that reduces the top speed to approximately 110km/h. This Osiris variant has a 210 meter jump capability and is protected by Light Ferro-Fibrous armor. BV (2.0) = 1,226
MechWarrior 4: Mercenaries version of the Osiris
- Technical Readout: 3067, pp. 50-51, "OSR-3D Osiris"
- Objectives: Federated Suns, p. 18
- MUL online entry for the Osiris
- Combat Operations, p. 127, "Force Faction Tables - Federated Suns"
- Record Sheets: Upgrades, p. 48
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 74
- MUL online entry for the Osiris OSR-4D Osiris
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 75
- MUL online entry for the Osiris OSR-5D Osiris
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 76