|Manufacturer||Novy Minsk Armaments Plant|
|Chassis||Cobra Endo Steel|
|Engine||New Kent Type 240|
|Communications System||Bishop 400 Holly-Meridian CTC|
 Clan OmniMech
The Battle Cobra was already in the prototype stages when Clan Steel Viper introduced their first OmniMech, the Crossbow. The Battle Cobra prototypes were quickly redesigned to allow similar arm-mounted Omni-Pods, debuting only a few years later. Like the Crossbow, the Battle Cobra does not mount fixed jump jets and cannot mount them in their arms - therefore, early Battle Cobras would not be jump-capable. The first of the design saw deployment in 2873, and even though all of its weapon mounts are in the arms, this 'Mech has been in production ever since.
The Battle Cobra makes use of Endo Steel and Ferro-Fibrous technologies, but uses a standard Fusion Engine for increased durability. The primary configuration uses a pair of Large Pulse Lasers and Small Pulse Lasers. With these, it is capable of highly accurate fire that is effective against armored and unarmored targets alike.
 Alternate Configurations
- Alt. Config. A - The first variant excels at close range with a variety of smaller pulse lasers. It wields four Medium Pulse Lasers and six Small Pulse Lasers. This armament forces unarmored infantry to be especially wary. BV (1.0) = 1,178, BV (2.0) = 1,466
- Alt. Config. B - This variant is popular with the Clan Blood Spirit warriors who use a Battle Cobra. It mounts twin ER PPCs and Small Pulse Lasers. However, it lacks additional heat sinks to cope with the heat generated by the cannons. BV (1.0) = 1,421, BV (2.0) = 1,892
- Alt. Config. C - The primary weapon of this configuration is an ATM 9, but it lack sufficient ammunition storage to make full use of the ATM technology. It is backed up by pulse lasers; two mediums and a small. BV (1.0) = 1,319 BV (2.0) = 1,484
- Alt. Config. F - A mid-range Jump Jet equipped brawler, the F config mounts an Ultra AC/5 and single ton of reloads in its right arm supported by a trio of ER Medium Lasers in its left. BV (2.0) = 1,507
- Alt. Config. H - Instead of the pulse lasers common to the other variants, the H configuration mounts a pair each of ER Large Lasers and Heavy Medium Lasers. Four additional double heat sinks help to keep heat levels manageable. BV (1.0) = 1,258, BV (2.0) = 1,592
- Alt. Config. X - A Jihad era Experimental Technology config, the Battle Cobra X mounts five Improved Heavy Medium Lasers linked to a Targeting Computer and supported by eight additional double heat sinks. BV (2.0) = 1,507
 Comstar OmniMech
Obtaining a large number of mostly operational Battle Cobras in the aftermath of brutal conflict in the Devil's Bath during the Battle of Tukayyid, ComStar selected the Battle Cobra as the focus of their efforts to reverse-engineer and develop their own OmniMech. First introduced in 3063, by the later years of the Word of Blake Jihad Arc-Royal MechWorks was manufacturing the design for the Com Guards. 
Constructed using IS-grade Endo-Steel and clad in seven tons of Inner Sphere quality Ferro-Fibrous armor, the BTL-C-2O Battle Cobra mounts a lighter 200 rated standard fusion engine. While reducing its speed by 20 kph, the extra weight was required to carry heavier IS grade weapons as well as mount a fixed Improved C3 Computer  in its center torso.
The Prime is based on its Clan counterpart, carrying an IS-grade Large Pulse Laser in each arm as well as a extra double heat sink. BV (2.0) = 944
 Alternate Configurations
- Alt. Config. A - An electronic warfare config, the BTL-C-2OA carries TAG and a Guardian ECM Suite in its right arm and a Beagle Active Probe in its left. For protection a trio of IS-grade Medium and a single Small Pulse Lasers are mounted in its left arm and three standard Medium Lasers in its right, also fitted with an additional double heat sink. BV (2.0) = 1,113
- Alt. Config. B - A mid-range Missile boat, the BTL-C-2OB mount a pair of MRM-10 launchers in each arm with three tons of reloads in its right torso. BV (2.0) = 895 
- Alt. Config. C - An Improved Narc Missile Beacon spotter, the BTL-C-2OC mount an iNARC launcher in each arm. While carrying no other weapons of any kind, five tons of reloads allows it to carry every conceivable form of iNARC ammo. An additional heat sink rounds out the config. BV (2.0) = 895 
- Alt. Config. D - Developed in the early years of the Jiahd, the BTL-C-2OD mounts a pair of Light PPCs in each arm linked to a Targeting Computer. BV (2.0) = 1,221 
- Alt. Config. E - Taking advantage of Multi-Missile Launcher technology, the BTL-C-2OE mount a MML-9 launcher in each arm, carrying two tons of LRM reloads and single ton of SRM missiles in its right torso. BV (2.0) = 840 
- Alt. Config. F - A modern anti-infantry design, the BTL-C-2OF mount Plasma Rifle in each arm with three tons of reloads in its right torso. BV (2.0) = 1,300 
The ComStar model has not been given separate article due at time of this writing, as no fluff has yet been provided.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 Technical Readout: 3058 Upgrade, pp. 166-167
- ↑ Era Digest: Golden Century, p. 21
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 112
- ↑ TechManual, p. 51
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Invading Clans, pp. 96-97
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Bloodright (scenario pack), p. 62
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Technical Readout: 3058, p. 162
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 113
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 114
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 115
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 116 - Battle Cobra F.
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 117
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 118 - Battle Cobra X.
- ↑ Objectives: Lyran Alliance, p. 22 "Donegal Province - Industrial Systems - Arc-Royal - Arc-Royal MechWorks"
- ↑ Formal confirmation C3i is fixed component - as per this thread in Ask the Writers
- ↑ 16.0 16.1 Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 119 - BTL-C-2O - design shown to be ComStar model mention in original fluff.
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 120 - BTL-C-2OA.
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 121 - BTL-C-2OB.
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 122 - BTL-C-2OC.
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 123 - BTL-C-2OD.
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 124 - BTL-C-2OE.
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 125 - BTL-C-2OF.