- Harebrained Schemes Reveals BattleTech: Flashpoint Gameplay, Kills Dekker
- The Art of War – An Interview with Matthew Plog, BattleTech Artist
- Original BattleTech Pods In Grand Rapids Michigan Moving To New Dedicated Site
- New BattleTech Box Sets Delayed
- Community Outreach - Interview with Jennifer Brozek, Author Of “The Nellus Academy Incident”
- Read more →
|Mech type||Inner Sphere BattleMech|
|Chassis||Dennenbach-Mitchell Series 8 Endo Steel|
|Engine||VOX 225 Light|
|Communications System||Domman Echo IV w/C3i Computer|
|Targeting Tracking System||Wayne SuperSight|
|Heat Sinks||10 Double Heat Sinks|
|BV (1.0)||1,021 (C3:146)|
The Blue Flame began production after the Word of Blake took possession of Terra. The same factory that had produced the Shootist was upgraded to produce four legged BattleMechs. The Blue Flame is an extremely stable platform due to its quadrupedal configuration. In the later years of the Jihad, an engineer who had help build the Mech stole the the design specs and later created the Thunder Fox.
Weapons and Equipment
The Blue Flame's primary armament is two Diverse Optics Sunbeam ER Large Lasers that allow the 'Mech to engage the enemy at long ranges. It also has three Hovertec Streak Streak SRM-2 launchers for close range combat.
The 'Mech is built around a Dennenbach-Mitchell Series 8 Endo Steel that cradles a VOX 225 Light Fusion engine that gives the 'Mech a top speed of 86.4 km/h. The Blue Flame carries an impressive eleven tons of StarSlab/2 armor and has ten double heat sinks. To allow the 'Mech to share targeting data with friendly units, it is equipped with an improved C3 computer that allows it to exchange information with other C3i equipped units.
- Technical Readout: 3067, pp. 64-65, "BLF-21 Blue Flame"
- MUL online entry for the Blue Flame
- Combat Operations, p. 134, "Force Faction Tables"
- Technical Readout: 3085, p. 86-87, "TFT-A9 Thunderfox" - Blue Flame design became the basis for the Thunder Fox.
- MUL online entry for the Blue Flame BLF-40 variant
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 98
- Expediency, Part 2, p. 21, Duladier replaces his C3i with jump jets
- BattleMech Manual, p. 90 Design Quirk Table - Blue Flame.