- Harebrained Schemes Reveals BattleTech: Flashpoint Gameplay, Kills Dekker
- The Art of War – An Interview with Matthew Plog, BattleTech Artist
- Original BattleTech Pods In Grand Rapids Michigan Moving To New Dedicated Site
- New BattleTech Box Sets Delayed
- Community Outreach - Interview with Jennifer Brozek, Author Of “The Nellus Academy Incident”
- Read more →
|Mech type||Inner Sphere BattleMech|
|Chassis||StarFrame Heavy Endo Steel|
|Armor||ArcShield VII Mk. 5 with CASE II|
|Engine||VOX 280 XL|
|Communications System||Telestar Model XTD-67A1|
|Targeting Tracking System||Starlight Seeker LX-4X|
|Heat Sinks||10 Double Heat Sinks|
Manufactured on Emris IV by StarCorps Industries, the Carronade was designed to fill roles normally taken by two seperate 'Mechs within the same lance - punching holes in the armor of enemy units, and then exploiting those holes with waves of small munitions. The Carronade was successful enough in military actions performed by the Federation of Oriente in 3110 to both attract the interest of mercenary units and to see action in the Solaris VII arenas. The considerable success of the Oriente Carronades in action against the Republic of the Sphere, however, caused RAF units to make downing Carronades a priority.
Powered by a VOX 280 Extra-Light Fusion Engine, the Carronade could reach speeds of 64 kph on the battlefield, although it lacked Jump Jets. The Carronade was protected by thirteen and a half tons of ArcShield VII Mk.5 Standard Armor, while CASE II installed in the Carronade protected the 'Mech and its MechWarrior if either of the main weapons was damaged.
Weapons and Equipment
As secondary weapons, the Carronade mounted a Diverse Optics Sunfire Extended-Range Medium Laser in the head and each side torso. The primary weapons of the Carronade were the two Gauss Rifles it mounted. However, the arrangement was somewhat unusual. An Oriente MagCoil Model M Gauss Rifle was mounted in the right arm and was used to strip large chunks of armor off individual locations on target units. The Oriente MagCoil Model K Silver Bullet Gauss Rifle mounted in the left arm then exploited those holes. Each Gauss Rifle was supplied with two tons of ammunition stored in the corresponding torso location.
- Technical Readout: 3145 Free Worlds League, p. 34-35, "CRN-7M Carronade"
- MUL online date for the Carronade
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 256