- Did You Know? - Fan made TRO 3028 is better than the originals!
- BattleTech Technology - Today!
- Someone did the math on how many 'Mechs you kill in MechWarrior 3
- A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs: Empyreal's prtNspz - Full Interview
- Unstoppable: A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs, Empyreal's prtNspz
- Read more →
|Manufacturer||Cyclops Incorporated , Johnston Industries|
|Mission|| Reconnaissance |
|Armor||StarSlab/11.5 Type HVA|
|Engine||Strand 265 XL|
|Communications System||O/P AIR 900|
|Targeting Tracking System||RCA Instatrac Mark XII|
First brought into production by Cyclops Incorporation of Skye in 3057, the Fulcrum Hover Tank prototypes had performed well enough during testing to get an initial order of 500 units from the Lyran Alliance.
The vehicle was initially stationed along the Alliance's Periphery and Free Worlds League borders, where its low maintenance needs were a boon for worlds that had not seen much of the newest technological advances.
The vehicle had continued to perform well during the FedCom Civil War and during the early Jihad, notably during Duke George Hasek's campaign against the Capellan Confederation as well as Duke Robert Kelswa-Steiner's conflict with the Free Worlds League.
Weapons and Equipment
All of the Fulcrum's weaponry is mounted in its turret. Its main weapon is the Sunglow Type 2 Large Laser, backed up by a Diverse Optics Type 18 Medium Laser. For its long range firepower, the tank is equipped with a Delta Dart LRM 10 Launcher with 12 volleys of missiles.
Powering the Fulcrum is its 265-rated extralight engine, giving it incredible speed to out run enemies it can not out fight. The vehicle is protected by 10 tons of Standard Armor.
- Fulcrum X
- Developed by Johnston Industries during the Jihad, the Fulcrum X uses several experimental systems to survive on the battlefield. It carries a pair of Clan Medium Pulse Lasers and a single Magshot in the turret and a single Magshot covering the front arc. The tank's main defense is its high speed which has been upgraded with the use of a Supercharger. An Armored Motive System insures that the Fulcrum X will be able to survive hits that would kill other hovertanks. An Angel ECM Suite provides additional protection. In case enemy fire does hit the tank, it is protected with nine and a half tons of Reactive Armor. BV (2.0) = 1,686
- Fulcrum Hybrid
- This production version of the Fulcrum X trades the XL engine of that model for a standard fusion engine. This was necessary as the cost of the Clan made Medium Pulse Lasers was so high. A pair of Magshots are in the turret, while another covers the front arc. Like the Fulcrum X the Hybrid uses an Armored Motive System to provide additional protection, and a Supercharger allows it to hit speeds of nearly 170km/h. For protection the Fulcrum Hybrid carries ten tons of Reactive Armor and an Angel ECM Suite. BV (2.0) = 1,543
- Technical Readout: 3058 Upgrade, pp. 90-91, "Fulcrum Vehicle Profile"
- MUL online date for the Fulcrum
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 105
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 106
- Technical Readout: 3085, p. 190, "Old is the New New" - "Fulcrum III"
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged — Old is the New New, p. 38
- Experimental Technical Readout: Davion, p. 9
- Technical Readout: Prototypes, p. 49
- Experimental Technical Readout: Davion
- Record Sheets: 3055/3058
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades
- Technical Readout: 3058
- Technical Readout: 3058 Upgrade
- Technical Readout: 3085
- Hendrene Michalik's Dossier from MWDA's counterassault
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged — Old is the New New
- Technical Readout: Prototypes