- Did You Know? - Fan made TRO 3028 is better than the originals!
- BattleTech Technology - Today!
- Someone did the math on how many 'Mechs you kill in MechWarrior 3
- A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs: Empyreal's prtNspz - Full Interview
- Unstoppable: A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs, Empyreal's prtNspz
- Read more →
|Manufacturer||New Avalon Institute of Science, General Motors|
Albion Advanced Technologies and Products
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere|
|Top Speed||21 km/h|
|Armor Type||Stealth (Standard)|
The Grenadier is a battle armor design created by the Hahm-Heinz Design Bureau. The firm has long had a relationship with General Motors' secondary plants on Talcott and Salem, so when the NAIS first started creating battle armor, Hahm-Heinz had access to prototypes that they could work from. Though it took almost ten years from the commencement of the program to a prototype, Hahm-Heinz created the Grenadier, which was based on a concept design that was geared towards the most powerful weapons systems possible.
The team still wanted mobility, however, so the Grenadier can muster up a respectable 21 km/h on the ground. The armor is where the Grenadier is lacking, having only enough to stop an Inner Sphere Large Pulse Laser, the same amount as the venerable Inner Sphere Standard. This armor, however, is standard stealth armor, so the Grenadier is a bit more difficult to target.
Weapons and Equipment
The Grenadier comes equipped with a Modular Weapon Mount on the left arm, while it has an Anti-Personnel Weapon Mount on the right. The only fixed weapon is an SRM-4 in the body, along with seven shots, giving it remarkable staying power. The left arm mount can carry a variety of weapons, though a standard Small Laser is the most common, giving the Grenadier a punch similar to (but far greater than) the Elemental battlesuit. The mount will also accept a Flamer, Magshot Gauss Rifle, Light Recoilless Rifle, or a Light TAG.
- This variant has had its battlefield endurance and flexibility reduced in favor of maximizing its killing power. It mounts an SRM-5 with only four shots, though that is still more ammunition than most battle armor with missiles carry. A Missile-Capable Modular Weapon Mount can hold a Magshot or a Compact Narc Launcher. Finally, the anti-personnel mount has been replaced with a "Firedrake" Support Needler. BV (2.0) = 73
- Light Recoilless Rifle
- This version uses a LRR in the arm. BV (2.0) = 65
- The MagShot carrying version allows all the weapons to hit targets at the same range. BV (2.0) = 67
- Small Laser
- This Grenadier variant uses a Small Laser in the arm. BV (2.0) = 63
- This version acts as a spotter for artillery and Semi-Guided LRMs. BV (2.0) = 57
- Handbook House Davion, p. 185
- MUL online date for the Grenadier
- Though the original version in Combat Equipment had two Modular Weapon Mounts, Technical Readout: 3075 changed that to one mount plus the missile launcher
- Combat Equipment, p. 38
- Technical Readout: 3075, p. 35
- Technical Readout: 3075, p. 34
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 290
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 285
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 286
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 287
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 288
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 289
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 291
- Record Sheets: 3145 New Tech, New Upgrades, p. 29
- Record Sheets: 3145 New Tech, New Upgrades, p. 30
- Record Sheets: 3145 New Tech, New Upgrades, p. 31