- Did You Know? - Fan made TRO 3028 is better than the originals!
- BattleTech Technology - Today!
- Someone did the math on how many 'Mechs you kill in MechWarrior 3
- A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs: Empyreal's prtNspz - Full Interview
- Unstoppable: A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs, Empyreal's prtNspz
- Read more →
|Chassis||Olivetti Stage 3|
|Armor||Raydient Advance Series 4|
|Engine||275 Fusion XL|
|Communications System||Raptor X-T Type iii|
|Targeting Tracking System||Goshawk E-Series with Light Active Probe|
|Heat Sinks||11 Laser Heat Sinks|
|Speed||86 km/h (108 km/h with MASC)|
|Jump Jets|| Clan Standard Type A1 with a Partial
Clan Jade Falcon developed this medium-weight BattleMech as part of a Clan-wide project in the early 3110s, aiming to revitalize the whole Clan. It replaced some older designs whose parts became increasingly scarce since the loss of home world ties. Conceived by the Clan's Council, it served as its intended purpose not only to act as replacement for older designs, but also bolster the Clan's morale for older warriors and next generation.
Among the design's early deployments, it would see action against Clan Hell's Horses in 3113. As part of an effort to show case the 'Mech, the 2nd Falcon Dragoons were sent to Chateau. There the Dragoons conducted a Trial of Possession for a Star of Horse's Balius Quad OmniMech. The Dragoons winning bid consisted entirely of a Star of Gyrfalcons against 30th Mechanized Strike Cluster's Star of Balius. A fight which would pit both Clans’ totem 'Mechs against one another, in this battle the Gyrfalcons would prove its worth to its creators. After the defeat of the Horses, the Dragoon's commander would order the complete destruction of the Balius in front of their former MechWarriors instead of claiming them as their prize.
Weapons and Equipment
Built for speed, firepower, and simplicity, the Gyrfalcon became common in Jade Falcon Stars. Its 275-Rated Extra-Light Fusion Engine would help propel the design into the battlefield at 86 kph and at bursts to 108 kph with the help of its MASC. Included in its construction is a Partial Wing, which gives the design the ability to jump further than the normal 150 meters that its Jump Jets would be capable of. In addition to its regular sensors, the engineers would fit a Light Active Probe in the 'Mech's head to help it identify potential enemy targets.
While it has been noted that its MechWarriors have it customized for their purposes, this design's original weapons layout consisted of two Series 6b Extended Range Large Lasers and two Type OVR-V LB 2-X ACs mounted in its shortened arms actuators. In addition to these ranged weapons systems, engineers would go on to reinforce the Gyrfalcon's legs. This is a nod to their touman changing its attitude towards the use of physical attacks, namely using Death from Above maneuver.
- Gyrfalcon 2
- The second version of the Gyrfalcon would appear in 3112. This version dropped the Reflective Armor of the standard model for Ferro-Fibrous. Using a less advanced armor, this version also drops two Laser Heat Sinks and the Light Active Probe. BV(2.0)=2,105
- Gyrfalcon 3
- The third variant produced in 3112, replacing both LB 2-X ACs with two Type 25 Ultra AC/2s, the original engine and Ferro-Fibrous Armor. The variant retains the original's Targeting Computer, while fitted with Gyrfalcon 2's Ferro armor, a Small Cockpit, and carries only 10 Laser Heat Sinks. BV(2.0)=2,228
- Gyrfalcon 4
- Produced with a mix of Inner Sphere and Clan technologies, the fourth variant of the Gyrfalcon carries a pair of TSEMP Cannons in place of the original's Autocannons. Similar to the third variant, this version retains the same level of Ferro armor protection and is still equipped with a Targeting Computer. The design has been equipped with 3 additional Laser Sinks in comparison to the previous three variants' 10. BV(2.0)=3,716
- Aleksandr Hazen: Arguably the Gyrfalcon’s most famous MechWarrior, he was Galaxy Commander of Zeta Galaxy during the Clan's desant into the Republic of the Sphere in 3134. Piloting his 'Mech which he named the White Lily, he would artfully cut through enemy forces in the Republic until reaching Prefecture IX's Capital of Skye. With his sibkin, Galaxy Commander Malvina Hazen, they would nearly take the world through his methods. However, he would be killed in action with Prefect Tara Campbell at the hands of her Hatchetman signature weapon.
- The Gyrfalcon was first created by Wizkids' MechWarrior Dark Age Collectable Miniatures game as a part of its Falcons Prey expansion set. The figure was only used for the CGC game's Unique figures. The 'Mech was later adapted by Catalyst Game Labs and redefined in the tabletop game once the company advanced the franchise's timeline to 3145.
- Gyrfalcon 3 would originally appear as MechWarrior Benj Malthus, an unnamed personal variant, until CGL revisited Dark Age and adapted the dossier's stats to make it into an official canon variant. However, it differs from canonized 3rd Variant due to the dossier naming it having standard armor vs Ferro-Fibrous in the canon variant.
- Another variant seen in the novel, Flight of the Falcon, shows a Gyrfalcon (Aleksandr Hazen's 'Mech) armed with pair of Ultra AC/5s & ER Large Lasers.
The Gyrfalcon has the following Design Quirks:
- online date for the Gyrfalcon
- Technical Readout: 3145 The Clans, pp. 39 & 90 Gyrafalcon - BV2.
- MUL Profile for Gyrfalcon - BV2 and Introduction Year.
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 446
- Technical Readout: 3145 The Clans, pp. 39 & 90 Gyrfalcon - Background.
- Technical Readout: 3145 The Clans, pp. 39 & 90 Gyrfalcon - Stats.
- Technical Readout:3145 The Clans, pp. 39 & 91 Gyrfalcon 2 - Variant 2 info.
- MUL Profile for Gyrfalcon 2 - BV2 & Introduction Date.
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 447
- Technical Readout:3145 The Clans, pp. 39 & 92 Gyrfalcon 2 - Variant 2 info.
- MUL Profile for Gyrfalcon 3 - BV2 & Introduction Date.
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 448
- Technical Readout:3145 The Clans, pp. 39 & 93 Gyrfalcon 4 - Variant 4 info.
- MUL Profile for Gyrfalcon 4 - BV2 & Introduction Date.
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 449
- Technical Readout: 3145 The Clans, p. 38 Gyrfalcon - Notable Pilots.
- Flight of the Falcon page 227-230 & 274-275 - Aleksandr Hazen's fight with Malvina Hazen, Tara Campbell, and his death.
- Flight of the Falcon page 227-228 - Aleksandr Hazen's Gyrfalcon fires its autocannons and lasers which out range his sibkin's Shrike's weaponry. Alek fires its pair of 5-centimeter mounted guns from each of its arms.
- Flight of the Falcon page 171 - Nova Cats in Gnome Battle armor tear off one of Alek's ultras.