|Manufacturer||Clan Hell's Horses|
|Chassis||Type BMHQ-5 Endo Steel|
|Armor||Forged Type HH35 Ferro-Fibrous|
|Targeting Tracking System||Unknown|
|Heat Sinks||10 Double Heat Sinks|
The Balius is a quadrupedal, front-line OmniMech produced by Clan Hell's Horses. As of 3075, few details were available about the 'Mech. It is a totem 'Mech, resembling a horse, that is meant to improve morale as much as to be an effective combat unit. There is apparently no factory producing this design. Instead, it is hand-crafted by a crew of technicians specifically selected for the task by the Khan. This has led to few Balius' being produced, so the 'Mech is only in the hands of select Bloodnamed warriors.
Truly a frontline Omni, the Balius makes use of weight-saving technologies in the form of an Endo Steel chassis, eleven tons of Ferro-Fibrous armor, and an XL Engine. However, on a quad, this leaves little room for other components. It does allow for great speed, though, and the Balius maxes out at 97 km/h, quite fast for a 'Mech its size.
Weapons and Equipment
The Balius has a Creosote Special-H Flamer hard-mounted in its head that is useful both against infantry and as a psychological weapon. The primary configuration mounts two ER Large Lasers. These are supplemented by a pair of Medium Pulse Lasers for close range work. Every configuration of the Balius mounts rear-facing weapons to counter the inability of a quad to torso-twist. The prime carries another pair of Medium Pulse Lasers for this job. Four extra double heat sinks keep heat levels in check.
- Alt. Config. B
- Bearing some resemblance to the primary configuration, the Balius B also carries twin ER Larges. Those are supplemented, however, by eight Heavy Small Lasers. A Large Pulse Laser threatens any who would seek to exploit its rear armor. Two additional heat sinks provide some added dissipation. BV (2.0) = 2,029
- MUL online date for the Balius
- Technical Readout: 3075, p. 142
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 267
- Technical Readout: 3075, p. 143
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 268
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 269
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 270
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 271
- Record Sheets: 3145 New Tech, New Upgrades, p. 142
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged — Old is the New New, p. 142