|Manufacturer||Albion Advanced Technologies and Products|
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere|
|Top Speed||22 km/h|
|Armor Type||Prototype Stealth|
The Infiltrator is part of the so-called "first generation" of battle armor created by the Federated Commonwealth. Thanks to salvage captured from the Clans, the New Avalon Institute of Science was able to retro-engineer the technology for battlesuits, and soon created a lighter type than the Inner Sphere Standard that was geared towards reconnaissance and stealth. The result was a unit armored with an early form of stealth armor and a heat sensor that was not terribly capable in battle. Its lack of any kind of claw precluded the Infiltrator from making anti-'Mech attacks or riding into battle on OmniMechs. In addition, its armor is only capable of stopping a Medium Laser. For insistence, some commanders used the Infiltrator in battle when that was clearly not its purpose, which led many to dub it the "Waddle" for its ungainly gait and performance. Commonwealth scientists learned from the mistakes of the Infiltrator when they created the Infiltrator Mk. II. The production of that design led many to refer to the original as the Infiltrator Mk. I. As of 3070, the Infiltrator was no longer in production.
Weapons and Equipment
The only weapon on the Infiltrator is a Grenade Launcher that deals very limited damage to its target.
- Special Ops
- Given its nature, it is unsurprising that the Infiltrator became popular with the intelligence agencies that operated within the Federated Commonwealth. The special ops variant was created specifically to help those individuals in their specific tasks. The grenade launcher and sensor were removed and replaced with an Anti-Personnel Weapon Mount, Remote Sensor Dispenser, Improved Sensors, and a Laser Microphone. These all assist in information-gathering, but still allow the unit to engage in headhunter missions. BV (1.0) = 18, BV (2.0) = 19
- Handbook House Davion p.185
- MUL online date for the Infiltrator
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 13
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 14