- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
|Manufacturer||Assault Tech Industries|
|Mech type||Clan BattleMech|
|Chassis||Fortune VII Endo Steel (Quad)|
|Armor||Compound RSH5 Ferro-Fibrous|
|Engine||Light Force 280 XL|
|Communications System||Assault Call Alpha|
|Targeting Tracking System||Assault SureStrike|
|Heat Sinks||10 Double Heat Sinks|
The Jaguar was the first entry into the general sales market for BattleMechs by Clan Wolf-in-Exile, and was produced via Assault Tech Industries, a Clan Wolf-in-Exile company founded in the 3120s with assistance from the Lyran Commonwealth to allow Clan Wolf-in-Exile to compete with Clan Sea Fox.
A quadrupedal scout 'Mech featuring a number of advanced Clan technological features, the Jaguar proved to be a success, spreading quickly amongst the various mercenary units working for the Lyran Commonwealth. Capable of deploying in a variety of roles including mobile fire support, reconnaissance and search-and-destroy missions, the Jaguar was powered by a Light Force 280 extra-light fusion engine that could propel it at speeds of almost a hundred and thirty kilometers per hour. For protection the Jaguar carried a full seven tons of armor, as much as could be carried on a 'Mech of its size, and that armor was Compound RSH5 Ferro-Fibrous armor, providing excellent protection. Assault Tech Industries improved on that protection by implementing an excellent design for the legs that featured actuators far more rugged and durable than most, intended to frustrate attempts by Elementals and other battle armor troops to kneecap Jaguars in action.
Weapons and Equipment
The Jaguar mounted a Type 6 ATM 6 Launcher in a Quad BattleMech Turret installed in the right torso, supplied with two tons of ammunition. The Jaguar also mounted a pair of Series 2d Extended Range Medium Lasers in each torso alongside a Hovertec Aethershot SRM 2 Launcher; the two Aethershots are supplied from a single ton of ammunition stored in the left torso. As a Clan design, both torsos were automatically protected by CASE.
- Jaguar 2
- This variant removes all of the weapons from the original Jaguar except a single ER Medium Laser in each torso; the turret is removed to fix CASE in it. In place of the original weapons payload the Jaguar 2 carries a trio of Machine Guns in each of the left and right torsos, each trio arranged as a Machine Gun Array, as well as adding a Medium Pulse Laser alongside each Machine Gun Array. The remaining payload is taken up by an advanced electronics suite consisting of a Targeting Computer mounted in the right torso, and an Active Probe and a Light TAG system mounted in the center torso. BV (2.0) = 1,780.
The Jaguar is subject to the following Design Quirk:
The JGR-20, JGR-30 and JGR-50 variants of the Havoc have not yet been canonized outside MechWarrior: Age of Destruction. In The Last Charge, a Steiner Jaguar is described as having a "big gun" mounted on its back. It is unknown what this "big gun" is.
Jaguar as depicted in MechWarrior: Age of Destruction
- Technical Readout: 3145 Lyran Commonwealth, p. 28-29, "Jaguar"
- MUL online date for the Jaguar
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 297
- Technical Readout: 3145 Lyran Commonwealth, p. 84, "Jaguar 2"
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 298