- Did You Know? - Fan made TRO 3028 is better than the originals!
- BattleTech Technology - Today!
- Someone did the math on how many 'Mechs you kill in MechWarrior 3
- A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs: Empyreal's prtNspz - Full Interview
- Unstoppable: A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs, Empyreal's prtNspz
- Read more →
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere (Advanced)|
|Communications System||O/P COM-22/H47|
|Targeting Tracking System||Digital Scanlok 347|
|Jump Jets||Luxor 2/Q|
With the destruction of many BattleMech factories in the Jihad, the Mjolnir was designed for the Lyran Commonwealth's export market. By selling the Mjolnir to any interested party, the Lyrans would gain much needed capital to rebuild their factories and rebuild their industrial might.
To maximize profits, the designers focused on using existing successful 'Mech parts and components. Drawing from the Commando and Wolfhound designs, the Mjolnir entered production at Arc-Royal only a few months after being designed. Using single heat sinks, a standard chassis, and a normal engine reduced production costs. The jump jets allow the Mjolnir to cover 180 meters, and Triple Strength Myomer allows the 'Mech to put on short bursts of speed when the temperature range permits. Ferro-Fibrous armor provides protection while reducing weight. The TSM, armor, and weaponry are the only extravagant items on the 'Mech.
The Mjolnir's most obvious feature is the Mace carried in the 'Mech's left hand. Based on the hatchet originally used by the Hatchetman, the Mace combines with the TSM to inflict considerable damage during hand-to-hand combat. To provide covering fire, the Mjolnir uses a torso mounted ER Medium Laser, while an ER Small Laser in the right arm allows the Mjolnir to threaten battle armored infantry.
- Technical Readout: 3085, pp. 60-61, "MLR-B2 Mjolnir"
- MUL online data for the Mjolnir (BattleMech)
- Record Sheets: 3085 Print Edition, p. 42
- MUL online data for the Mjolnir MLR-BX varinat
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 87