|Manufacturer||Aldis Industries |
|Mission||Frontline Combat Vehicle|
|Armor||Hellespont Lite Ferro-Fibrous|
|Engine||GM 170 Fusion Engine|
|Communications System||Olmstead 37|
|Targeting Tracking System||Virtutrack S1|
The Regulator hovertank was the result of the Capellan Confederation refining its surviving industries to produce better combat vehicles after the Fourth Succession War and the revival of Star League technology from the Helm Memory Core.
The Regulator has been given 6 tons of Ferro-Fibrous armor, which are concentrated heavily front and turret. Consequently, other areas of the tank are thinner, leaving it vulnerable to heavy damage from the sides and rear. The General Motors 170 fusion engine gives it considerable speed and agility, however, making up somewhat for the thin protection on the flanks.
The Tank first saw action in 3057, during Operation Guerrero. Its involvement in actions on Tsingtao brought to light the tank's offensive abilities when a lance of the tanks destroyed three AFFC 'Mechs.
The vehicle's only weapon, an Inokuma Gauss Rifle, is mounted in the turret. The gun is supplied with two tons of ammunition.
- Regulator Hover Tank (Arrow IV Variant)
- Created in the 3060s, Liao engineers removed the Regulator's Gauss Rifle for an Di Yu Huo (Hellfire) Arrow IV System. The engineers reduced the tank's armor protection to fit the new weapon and its 15 rounds of ammunition. Note: This variant uses Advanced Rules and is not legal for use in tournament play. BV (1.0) = 939, BV (2.0) = 1,016
- Regulator Hover Tank (RAC/5 Variant)
- The variant is a field refit that first appeared during George Hasek's War in 3068. The variant takes the Gauss rifle and its ammunition and replaces them with a Rotary AC/5 linked to a targeting computer salvaged from Davion wrecks. Among the Capellan forces, this variant's deadly accuracy has become legend. Due in part of rarity of salvage to put such a refit together, the vehicle's four tons of ammunition is protected by CASE. BV (1.0) = 1,009, BV (2.0) = 1,282
- Regulator II
- This version weighs five tons more than the standard version. It uses an XL engine to drive the tank at 160 km/h. A single Gauss Rifle is the only weapon on the tank. Heavy Ferro-Fibrous armor protects the hull. BV (2.0) = 1,426 (This version shouldn't be confused with the Regulator II described in MechWarrior: Dark Age.)
 Custom Variant
 MechWarrior: Dark Age Variant
- Regulator II Hovertank
- First produced in 3083 as a heavier but more resilient version of the Regulator, Aldis Industries remodeled the tank to mass 50 tons and replaced the main gun with an Imperator Light Gauss Rifle. Its hull was given Hellespont Lite V Ferro-Fibrous Armor. The vehicle was given a LT 165 Rated Fusion Engine allowing it go to speeds up to 130 K/ph.
 Hovertank Gallery
Regulator II from MWDA's dossier of Carmen Hern
- ↑ Technical Readout 3058 Upgrade p.86
- ↑ MUL online date for the Regulator
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 98
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Inner Sphere), p. 88
- ↑ Technical Readout: 3058, p. 42
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 99
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Inner Sphere), p. 89
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 99
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Inner Sphere), p. 90
- ↑ Technical Readout: 3085, p. 31
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 33
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 34
- ↑ Experimental Technical Readout: Liao, p. 9
- ↑ Experimental Technical Readout: Liao, p. 22
- ↑ Dossier of Carmen Hern - Dossier includes details of vehicle.
- Technical Readout: 3058, pp. 42-43
- Experimental Technical Readout: Liao
- Master Unit List]
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Inner Sphere)
- Technical Readout: 3058
- Technical Readout: 3058 Upgrade
- Technical Readout: 3085
- Record Sheets: 3055/3058
- Stormhammers' dossier of Carmen Hern (Regulator II)
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge