- Did You Know? - Fan made TRO 3028 is better than the originals!
- BattleTech Technology - Today!
- Someone did the math on how many 'Mechs you kill in MechWarrior 3
- A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs: Empyreal's prtNspz - Full Interview
- Unstoppable: A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs, Empyreal's prtNspz
- Read more →
Formerly known as Kincade's Rangers and after the Jihad known as Paget's Dragoons.
|Unit Profile (as of 3063)|
|Parent Formation||Liao Cháng-Chéng|
|Unit Profile (as of 3025)|
|Parent Formation||Tikonov Reserves|
In 2985 Joshua Kincade defected from the Federated Suns to the Capellan Confederation due to a pay dispute. He was eagerly accepted by the CCAF and he was given command of Kincade's Rangers. Two years later they were the primary raiding force on the Federated Suns world of Aosia. During that fight the Rangers were used as a long-range raiding force, striking behind enemy lines, while other CCAF units engaged the defending AFFS forces. The Rangers captured three Corsair fighters from a rear area supply depot. These Corsairs were the first the CCAF had ever taken intact.
The homeworld of the unit is Tsinghai.
Fourth Succession War
Xin Sheng Campaign
FedCom Civil War
The AeroSpace wing served alongside Hell's Black Aces as they guarded Tikonov. They engaged AFFS forces around the planet when they arrived, despite orders to the contrary. Eventually Hell's Black Aces separated the two forces, but not before Renshield's AeroSpace destroyed two squadrons of Federated Suns fighters. In 3067 they were stationed on St. Andre.
During Operation: Sovereign Justice the Dragoons were seriously damaged by AFFS forces. They were driven off of Hustaing and later Hexare. These constant attacks reduced Renshield's Dragoons to about a quarter of their pre-Jihad strength. The Dragoons were fighting against the 4th Illician Rangers on Hexare, one of four regiments that formed the Illician Lancers mercenary brigade. The Dragoons enjoyed greater air support than the Rangers, and despite the losses taken by the Dragoons they forced the 4th Rangers off Hexare; one of the Capellan attacks targeted and shattered the Rangers' command company, which proved a decisive blow. The 4th Rangers managed to survive because one of the surviving battalion commanders, Major "Rawhide" Francis, led the bulk of his battalion of the 4th Rangers against the Dragoons long enough to give the other elements time to retreat. The 4th Illician Rangers subsequently withdrew to Uravan. The Dragoons were ordered to hold Hexare at all costs. They did so, but at a heavy cost to the unit. Though the Dragoons could have been destroyed by the 6th Syrtis Fusiliers, who had arrived to reinforce the Lancers, the failure of Sovereign Justice forced the AFFS to withdraw.
The Dragoons frequently tackle multiple assignments at once, dividing their forces into specialized units. The three 'Mech battalions are supported by a flight of AeroSpace Fighters and attack primary targets while the first and fourth battalions of the armor regiment strike secondary targets. The other two battalions from the armor regiment reinforce the other commands as needed.
- CO: Colonel Joshua Kincade
- 1st Battalion: Major Chandrahar Samatar
- 2nd Battalion: Major Alana Ballantine
- CO: Colonel Laura Sedgwick
- 1st Battalion (Regular/Reliable)
- 2nd Battalion (Regular/Reliable)
- CO/1st Battalion: Sang-shao Victor Renshild
- 2nd Battalion: Zhong-shao Pavlov Bagroutinni
- 3rd Battalion: Zhong-shao Thomas Bard
- XO/Wing Commander: Kong-zhong-shao: Yuri Pedrova
- 2nd Flight: Kong-sao-shao Xia Caul
Renshield's Augmented Cavalry (1 Reinforced Regiment/Regular/Reliable)
- Armor Commander: Zhong-shao Taylor Sung
- Made up of Augmented Lance formations
Renshield's Dragoons (Veteran/Fanatical)
- CO: Sang-shao Victor Renshield
Renshield's Airborne (Wing/Elite/Fanatical)
- CO: Kong-zhong-shao Xia Caul
Renshield's Augmented Cavlary (4 Battalions/Regular/Reliable)
- CO: Sang-shao Franklin Greene
By 3079 the Dragoons had rebuilt, but were still sixty percent below their pre-Jihad strength.
Paget's Dragoons (Veteran/Fanatical)
- CO: Sang-shao Shashi H. Paget
Paget's Airborne (Wing/Veteran/Reliable)
- CO: Kong-zhong-shao Yuk Yi Yip
Paget's Augmented Cavalry (Veteran/Fanatical)
- CO: Sang-shao Alastair Heskett
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p. 87, "Kincade's Rangers Unit Profile"
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p. 106
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 1, p. 103
- Historical: Brush Wars, p. 88
- Field Manual: Capellan Confederation, p. 80, "Renshield's Dragoons Unit Profile"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 25
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 33
- Field Report: CCAF, p. 13
- Mercenaries Supplemental Update, p. 73, "Illician Lancers"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 30
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 34, "CCAF Deployment Table - 3085"
- "Field Manual: 3145", p. 41
- 20 Year Update, p. 62, "CCAF Deployment Table - 3050"
- Objective Raids, p. 41, "CCAF Deployment Table - 3054"
- Field Manual: Update, p. 33, "CCAF Deployment Table - 3067"