- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games - MechWarrior 2: The Clans
- Catalyst Games Releases Succession Wars Record Sheets And Reprinted BattleTech Manual To Get Everyone Up To Date
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games - MechWarrior
- Forever Faithful, Blaine Lee Pardoe’s Latest BattleTech Novel, Now Available For Pre-Order
- Catalyst Announces 35th Anniversary BattleTech With New Available Products
- Read more →
|Shamash Reconnaissance Vehicle|
|Manufacturer||York Vehicle Y2 Facility|
|Armor||Compound JX2 Ferro-Fibrous|
|Communications System||Consolidated Type 2M|
|Targeting Tracking System||Consolidated Type V TTS|
|BV (1.0)|| 408|
The Shamash Reconnaissance Vehicle began production by Clan Blood Spirit in the late 29th century following the declining fortunes of that Clan as a cheaper replacement for the Asshur. The Shamash is faster and cheaper, weighing in at almost half of the Asshur, while the 60-rated fusion engine can propel it up to 216 km/h. Interestingly, the small size of the Shamash was also an advantage as it requires only one crew member to operate. This enables a quick response time, but, perhaps more importantly, this allows the Shamash's pilot to claim solo glory in the same manner as a MechWarrior.
Weapons and Equipment
The Shamash carries four Series 1 ER Small Lasers, some of the smallest weapons available to the Clans at the time. Nonetheless, the concentrated firepower of all four is still threatening to a BattleMech. These lasers are also mounted in a turret, giving them the maximum possible field of fire.
- Technical Readout: 3060, pp. 34-35, "Shamash Profile"
- MUL online date for the Shamash
- Combat Operations, p. 110
- Record Sheets: 3060, p. 15
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 55
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 56
- Technical Readout: 3085, p. 191
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged — Old is the New New, p. 134