|Manufacturer||Osaka Heavy Metrics|
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere|
|Introduced||Early Dark Age era|
|Engine||Nissan 150 Fusion|
|Top Speed||97 km/h|
|Armor||Tybalt Blue Heavy Industrial Plate|
|Equipment|| TAG |
Beagle Active Probe
The Sokuryou SurveyMech is a Militarized Industrial 'Mech that was originally conceived in 3064. However, the design had languished for decades until the 3080s, where the Draconis Combine finally approved the design for production. Osaka Heavy Metrics was one of many of small firms that were awarded contracts to bolster the Combine's damaged military and industrial infrastructure. The Sokuryou is an Industrial 'Mech, is designed as a modestly speedy and cost effective 'Mech as alternative to support frontline combat units. By 3085, the 'Mech was in production at two manufacturing plants on Philadelphia and Togura.
 Equipment and Capacities
The 'Mech principle mission for survey and recon, it has given a Beagle Active Probe and a ton of Communication Equipment. For its other intended task as an artillery spotter, the vehicle has a Target Acquisition Gear mounted in its right arm.
The design features Ejection Seat, which most Industrial 'Mech are not normally equipped. Its hull is protected by 5.5 ton of Blue Heavy Industrial Plate giving its similar protection to comparable light BattleMechs.
- SKU-181 - The original civilian version of the Sokuryou, it was designed as a highly functional survey vehicle. It was to be equipped with a 100-rated ICE powerplant, instead of later model's fusion engine. Unlike its successor the SKU-197, it boasts more powerful Communication Equipment and large fuel tank for additional range. The design only reached the prototype stages, as production of the 197 and 198 take up all of Osaka's production capability. BV(2.0)=328
- SKU-198 - This variant is designed as direct-combat vehicle, unlike the 197. The design drops the Communication Equipment and the TAG for Medium Lasers. However, the design is noted for its weak armor and low speed.  BV (2.0)=581
- ↑ Technical Readout: 3085 Supplemental, p. 35 - Sokuryou's BV
- ↑ Technical Readout: 3085 Supplemental, p. 34 - Background info on the Sokuryou.
- ↑ Technical Readout: 3085 Supplemental, p. 34-35 - Equipment and specs.
- ↑ Technical Readout: 3085 Supplemental, p. 34 Variants - SKU-181.
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 159
- ↑ Technical Readout: 3085 Supplemental, p. 34 Variants - SKU-198 background.
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 161