- Harmony Gold Resurrects Itself Once More And Regains Rights To Robotech License
- State Of Play: How MechWarrior And BattleTech Are Doing Post E3
- Catalyst Announces New Kickstarter To Bring Clan Invasion To New Box Sets
- Let’s Talk About The MechWarrior 2 Soundtrack
- Leak Suggests Microsoft Might Resurrect MechAssault At This Year’s E3
- Read more →
|Model||Sulla - Prime|
|Frame||Priori Type A|
|Power Plant||315 XL Engine|
|Communications System||BCom 8|
|Tracking & Targeting System||Pattern 9 TTS|
|Heat Sinks||13 Double Heat Sinks|
Maneuverable and well-protected, the Sulla medium OmniFighter's balance of armor and weaponry allows it to operate in conjunction with heavier or smaller fighters, or to perform aggressive combat air patrolling in support of ground units.
The use of an XL Engine and Composition G Ferro-Aluminum armor provides the fighter with a notable 14.5 tons of available pod space. Because of the thirteen Double Heat Sinks mounted on its base chassis and the superior staying power of its large five ton fuel load, the Sulla's patrol ability and sustained thrust ability are rarely matched.
Weapons and Equipment
The primary Sulla configuration is a multi-role variant. Its main weapon is a nose mounted ER PPC, bolstered by an ER Large Laser mounted under each wing, with an ER Small Laser fitted in the stern to deter pursuit.
- Alt. Config. A
- The A variant mounts both ER Large Laser and ER Medium Laser in the nose, providing a limited strafing ability, supported by an Artemis IV FCS enhanced LRM-10 launcher in each wing, providing the Sulla a standoff capability unrivaled in its class even if both launchers only have a ton of reloads each. An extended range small laser mounted in the rear of the craft provides minimal defense.BV (1.0) = 1,917, BV (2.0) = 1,939
- Alt. Config. B
- Intended as a missile boat, the B variant follows the same theme as the A, using Artemis IV enhanced LRM-20s, one per wing. The only other weapon is a defensively mounted extended range small laser in the aft, forcing the Sulla B to withdraw when its mere twelve reloads for its missile launchers are expended. BV (1.0) = 1,811, BV (2.0) = 1,801
- Alt. Config. D
- A short-range combatant, the Sulla D mounts two Streak SRM-6 launchers supported by a Medium Pulse Laser in its nose, with two more Medium Pulse Lasers split between each wing. Two tons of missile reloads are more than enough for the highly efficient Streak launchers, while one Heavy Small Laser is mounted in the aft. BV (1.0) = 1,793, BV (2.0) = 1,821
- Alt. Config. E
- Introduced during the Jihad, the Sulla E carries three Plasma Cannons into combat. With one in each wing and the nose, the Sulla can quickly overwhelm an enemy's heat sinks and force a shutdown. The fighter mounts a single ER Small Laser to cover its aft arc. More importantly, all the weapons are tied into an advanced Targeting Computer to improve accuracy. BV (2.0) = 2,066
The original TRO:3055 version was constructed via Fractional Accounting, featuring 14.75 tons of pod space and mounted a single Machine Gun with half a ton of ammunition in the aft in its prime/A/B/C configurations in place of the small laser used in legal variants.
- MUL online date for the Sulla
- Combat Operations, p. 109
- Technical Readout: 3055 Upgrade, pp. 184-185, "Sulla OmniFighter Profile and BV listing"
- AeroTech 2 Record Sheets, p. 72
- Master Unit List: Battle Values, p. 188
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 320
- Technical Readout: 3055, pp. 152-153, "Sulla Fighter Profile"
- Technical Readout: 3055 Revised, pp. 136-137, "Sulla OmniFighter Profile"
- AeroTech 2 Record Sheets, p. 73
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 321
- AeroTech 2 Record Sheets, p. 74
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 322
- AeroTech 2 Record Sheets, p. 75
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 323
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 324
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 325
- Record Sheets: 3145 New Tech, New Upgrades, p. 206