Merge LC with LA?
- 1. How are we going to deal with the Lyran Commowealth/Lyran Alliance nomenclature? Can we merge these pages, considering the Lyran Alliance apparently renames itself the Lyran Commonwealth?
- 2. What was the consensus of the naming of the Federated Suns/Federated Commonwealth?--S.gage 18:53, 24 February 2010 (UTC)
- 1) My opinion: if merging is easily done (it may be), I have no qualm with an Editor wanting to improve it. A re-direct could even point to the exact part of the Lyran Commonwealth article where the section on Lyran Alliance begins.
- 2)Can you provide a link? --Revanche (talk|contribs) 22:41, 25 February 2010 (UTC)
- I could have sworn I had proposed this ages ago and had no objections. Maybe that's why nobody ever commented.... Yes, merge them. --Scaletail 01:03, 26 February 2010 (UTC)
- Which one do we keep? I suggest LCAF/Lyran Commonwealth (Lyran Commonwealth is the name for ~700 years (+ post-Jihad).
- Also, I suggest we leave main article links on the Lyran Commonwealth and Federated Suns pages to Federated Commonwealth. Both pages should go into some detail (especially on history), but details like uniforms and hierarchy which are a blend of Lyran and Suns should be reported only on the FC page. Thoughts?--S.gage 14:57, 26 February 2010 (UTC)
- I agree. Post-'57, Lyran Alliance = Lyran Commonwealth, Federated Commonwealth = Federated Suns. It would have been MUCH easier if they'd just assumed the original names after the split (which the eventually did anyway). IMHO, "Federated Commonwealth" as an article should refer ONLY to the combined realm. Thoughts? ClanWolverine101
- I'd be very cautious about merging Lyran Commonwealth with Lyran Alliance. I agree both one and the same, and the Commonwealth will be Commonwealth after the Jihad. Maybe it should be written in differient phases. Section dedicated to Lyran Alliance, its crests etc., We don't know what "new" Commonwealth will be like. With the FedCom, you could have section written up when it was referred to as Lyran State and how things were going politically and event wise until Katherian got nobles to rebel. -- Wrangler 16:30, 26 February 2010 (UTC)
- I dunno; I've read all the Jihad Hot Spots and with the exception of the 'Archonettes' thing (they sound like Battletech dancers!) the Lyran Alliance / new Lyran Commonwealth sounds pretty much like the old Lyran Commonwealth. Heavy industry, powerful noble class, merchant influence, love for 100-ton mechs, Generals who couldn't find their assess with four hands and a compass... its the same deal. :) ClanWolverine101
- OK, how about we do a test run - and agree fully with Wrangler, the article needs to be sectioned appropriately. We can always revert. I'm merging LA into LC, but I'll leave LA in case the merge is not well received.--S.gage 19:13, 26 February 2010 (UTC)
- Restarting this conversation : Yes, I concur - this should be merged, and redirects should be set up. Thoughts? If no one weighs in, I will BE BOLD. ;) ClanWolverine101 15:27, 16 April 2010 (UTC)
House Vs. Realm
House = "family" (3rd definition here). However, on BTW, House Liao, House Marik, House Steiner, House Davion and House Kurita all redirect to their respective realms. We should include (a lot of) information about each house on the pages for the Federated Suns, the Draconis Combine, etc., but I would prefer separating the family from the realm. If we do, then we can also leave a "main article" link, and we can do some really cool stuff with the "House" pages, like make a detailed family tree, add character bios for non-ruling members of each house, write detailed histories, etc. Thoughts?--S.gage 18:52, 24 February 2010 (UTC)