- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
|Manufacturer||Complex 19 (Albion)|
|Model||Turk - Prime|
|Frame||Albion Class IV Endo Steel|
|Power Plant||250 XL Engine|
|Communications System||HunterCom 2|
|Tracking & Targeting System||Mark 9 TTS|
|Heat Sinks||12 Double Heat Sinks|
A design in common use among all Clans, save the Wolves, Jade Falcons and Steel Vipers, with a notable number in limited use among the CCAF and FWLM thanks to salvage from Operations Bulldog and Serpent, the Turk serves a number of roles but is usually designated as an attack ship rather than a dog fighter.
Fitted with a light but relatively under-powered 250 XL Engine, space is saved for a respectble nine and half tons of Pattern 14 Ferro-Aluminum armor, twelve fixed Double Heat Sinks and five tons of fuel to ensure that what the design lacks in speed, it makes up with endurance and twenty-four tons of available pod space.
Weapons and Equipment
The primary configuration is one of the multi-role designs, each wing mounting an ER PPC and ER Large Laser, giving this fighter the ability to project fire over considerable distance. Four additional heat sinks strive to combat the high heat from Turk Prime's all energy load-out.
- Alt. Config. A
- The A variant is best suited to operations in space, mounting a Gauss Rifle and ER Large Laser in its nose, supported by a SRM-4 launcher in each wing. While a Medium Pulse Laser wards its rear, two tons each of gauss and SRM reloads is usually sufficient, but causes some problems in extended combat. BV (1.0) = 1,965, BV (2.0) = 1,956
- Alt. Config. B
- The Turk B also usually performs in space operations, this time with a pair of Ultra AC/10s, one in each wing. While also carrying a pair of ER Medium Lasers in its nose, this variant usually withdraws once its rather minimal two tons of autocannon munitions are expended. BV (1.0) = 1,734, BV (2.0) = 1,774
- Alt. Config. C
- The Turk C variant again concentrates on ballistic weapons, this time short- and long-range missile launchers. A nose mounted LRM-20 is supported by wing mounted ER Large Lasers at long ranges, and at short range by a Streak SRM-6 launcher mounted next to the lasers. Two tons each of LRM and Streak reloads are generally enough for an average Clan Trial, while a aft mounted ER Medium Laser covers the rear. BV (1.0) = 2,037, BV (2.0) = 2,226
- Alt. Config. D
- A recent variation based on the missile/laser mix of the C configuration, the Turk D carries an ER Large Laser in its nose mount, supported by a new ATM-12 in each wing. With its ammo bays capable of carrying six tons worth of reloads, the customizable ATM system can be exploited to its fullest. BV (1.0) = 2,005, BV (2.0) = 2,295
- Alt. Config. E
- Apparently intended to bolster a WarShip's anti-missile defense the Turk E carries a Machine Gun Array in each wing. These arrays each carry three Heavy Machine Guns. A nose mounted Gauss Rifle and Plasma Cannon make the fighter an effective combatant as well. To further improve performance, it carries an ECM Suite to disrupt enemy electronics. An ER Small Laser covers the craft's rear arc. BV (2.0) = 1,845
- MUL online date for the Turk
- Combat Operations, p. 109
- Technical Readout: 3055 Upgrade, pp. 190-191, "Turk OmniFighter Profile and BV listing"
- AeroTech 2 Record Sheets, p. 88
- Master Unit List: Battle Values, p. 189
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 326
- Technical Readout: 3055, pp. 154-155, "Turk Fighter Profile"
- Technical Readout: 3055 Revised, pp. 138-139, "Turk OmniFighter Profile"
- AeroTech 2 Record Sheets, p. 89
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 327
- AeroTech 2 Record Sheets, p. 90
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 328
- AeroTech 2 Record Sheets, p. 92
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 329
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 330
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 331