- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- The Challenge With Balance in MechWarrior Online
- First BattleTech of 2018: Republic vs Free Worlds League
- MWO Benefit Tournament For MechWarrior Family That Lost Home Due To Fire
- Read more →
In 3061 the Potemkin-class cruiser CSR Wild Swan was a WarShip in service with the Clan Snow Raven touman. The Wild Swan was one of five WarShips that made up the Snow Raven Fleet Command Star at this point in time. The Wild Swan continued to serve in the Fleet Command Star until at least 3067, operating alongside the Nightlord-class battleship CSR Snow Raven, the Volga-class transport CSR Scavenger and the Aegis-class heavy cruisers CSR Blue Quest and CSR Lord Death.
Having survived the maelstrom in the Clan Homeworlds referred to as the Wars of Reaving as well as the Jihad, the Wild Swan was still in service with the Snow Ravens in 3079 as a part of the Eden Rose Naval Transport Star, serving alongside the Scavenger and the surviving Snow Raven Potemkins: the CSR Bonaventure, CSR Eden Rose, CSR Epimetheus and CSR Treachery. In common with the other WarShips of the Eden Rose Naval Transport Star the Wild Swan had been stationed above a world in the Outworlds Alliance since 3073 and hadn't moved since, leading to speculation that the Scavenger and the other ships were somehow serving as industrial sites of some kind.
The Dark Age
In or around 3090 the Raven Alliance found its need for a dedicated transport fleet of WarShips lessening, and Diamond Shark Khan Nagasawa saw an opportunity for a beneficial trade. In 3091 he proposed to Clan Snow Raven that four Diamond Shark WarShips be exchanged for four Snow Raven WarShips. This proved a contentious proposal for the warriors of the Snow Raven touman, but ultimately the trade was agreed. The Diamond Sharks transferred four WarShips to the Snow Ravens - the Nightlord-class battleship Terror of the Deep, the Essex-class destroyers Tracy and Architeuthis and the Fredasa-class transport Swift Strike - and in exchange received three Potemkin-class cruisers (the Epimetheus, Treachery and Wild Swan) and the Volga-class transport Scavenger.
The Diamond Sharks evidently renamed the four ships, although it is unclear exactly what the four ships were renamed to. Three Potemkins were active amongst the various Khanates of Clan Sea Fox in the Dark Age with names previously unseen in canon, suggesting that the Epimetheus, Treachery and Wild Swan correspond to these three ships, but this has yet to be confirmed. The three newly-detailed Potemkins are the Atlantean, the ArcShip of the Skate Khanate, the Abyssal, home to the Skate Khanate's Beta Aimag and the Voidswimmer, home to the Delta Aimag of the Spina Khanate.
- Field Manual: Warden Clans, p. 124, "Command Assets"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 64-65, "Naval Assets"
- Field Report: Clans, p. 18-19, "Fleet Assets"
- Era Report: 3145, p. 74-76, "Alliance Naval Star"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 166, "The Alliance Fleet"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 169-170, "Clan Sea Fox"