Blade of Holiness
- Harmony Gold and Piranha Games Have Settled - Probably
- The Succession Wars and so much more…
- MechWarrior Online World Championship Tournament Announced With Stock ‘Mech Restriction
- BattleTech Devs Talk About Making Game On A Budget
- Catalyst's BattleTech Lead Brent Evans Interviewed On Upcoming Box Sets
- Read more →
|Blade of Holiness|
|Class||Vincent Mk. 39|
One of many WarShips to be disabled and abandoned or lost during the Star League era or the early Succession Wars, the Vincent Mk. 39-class corvette later known as the Blade of Holiness was one of a number of ships recovered by the Word of Blake and restored to working order in secret.
The WoBS Blade of Holiness was one of four Vincent-class corvettes to serve in the Blakist fleet at the height of its power, serving alongside her sister ships WoBS Blade of Divinity, WoBS Blade of Righteousness and WoBS Blake's Redemption, although prior to the Jihad only the Blake's Redemption was publicly known to be a part of the Blakist black water navy.
The Blade of Holiness was directly involved in at least one of the significant naval engagements or battles in the Benjamin system in 3072; the first conflict of the year in the Benjamin system to involve the Blakists was in May, when forces led by the 28th Division with support from the 45th Shadow Division and mercenary units seized the planet on the 12th. Nine of the planet's semi-suns were destroyed the initial invasion. Benjamin's defending DCMS forces were overwhelmed by the Blakist forces, who secured the planet with surrender of the 6th Ghost Regiment, but a guerrilla resistance force fought on after the occupation began.
Six months later the Combine attempted unsuccessfully to break the siege of Benjamin in a campaign fought during the first two weeks of November 3072. The battle cost the Combine three of their WarShips, the Kyushu-class frigate DCS Luthien and the Inazuma-class corvettes DCS Night of Agony and DCS Swiping Claw.
Just a few weeks later, the DCMS were presented with the opportunity needed to free Benjamin; a naval flotilla from Clan Nova Cat backed up with ground forces attacked the defending Word of Blake forces in a sudden assault on the 16th of December 3072. The Nova Cat forces overwhelmed the majority of the defending Blakist forces before moving on, allowing the surviving DCMS forces still on Benjamin to reclaim the planet.
The various battles in the Benjamin system in 3072 would claim a total of five Blakist WarShips. From their original fleet salvaged from the Ruins of Gabriel and elsewhere, the Word of Blake lost the Blade of Holiness and the Lola III-class destroyer WoBS Faith's End. The Blakists also lost the Fox-class corvettes FSS Robinson and LAS Robert Kelswa, captured earlier from the Federated Suns and Lyran Alliance respectively, as well as the Eagle-class FWLS Bors, one of the WarShips from the Free Worlds League navy the Blakists had suborned in the opening stages of the Jihad.
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 128, "Word of Blake Naval Assets"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 90, "Naval Assets and Militia Divisions"
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3072, p. 76, "Benjamin Falls"
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3076, p. 22, "Timeline of the Jihad"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 50, "The Jihad In Review"
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3076, p. 23, "Timeline of the Jihad"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 51, "The Jihad In Review"
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 30, "DCA Readiness Report"
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3076, p. 26, "Timeline of the Jihad"