(References to Odessa)
Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
X: -120.64 Y: 186.87[e]
 Owner History
- 2340 - Protectorate of Donegal 
- 2341 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2596 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2750 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2765 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 3025 - Lyran Commonwealth 
 Planetary Garrison
 Planetary Info
Odessa was settled early in humanity's expansion to the stars. A system with four worlds and at least one asteroid belt, most of the inhabitants live on the world of Odessa III, generally simply referred to as "Odessa". The Word of Blake operated a secret facility referred to by the Word as "Ruins of Gabriel" in the Odessa system near the fourth planet, Odessa IV, a gas giant.
 Odessa III
During the First Succession War Odessa was seriously damaged by heavy fighting. Over the next two hundred years, Odessa was able to rebuild itself and form a vital part of the Commonwealth's food supply. Exports of the Odessan Raxx also helped the planet recover.
An enforced quarantine was established in the Odessa system in February 3075 as a result of the plague outbreaks that continued to erupt after the Word of Blake poisoning of the world the year before. Any ships arriving in the system were subject to boarding and search operations. Any ship that landed on the world would be destroyed. The entire population was infected with the virulent contagion released by the Word of Blake, which explains these drastic measures. In May, Clan Ghost Bear naval elements, including a Leviathan, arrived in the Odessa system and drove the Blakists out of the system.
 Odessa IV and the Ruins of Gabriel
Odessa IV is probably best known for harboring one of the Word of Blake's Hidden Five worlds. The naval base named "The Ruins of Gabriel" was located near this gas giant. Located at the edge of the system, activity around Odessa IV is also obscured by an asteroid belt between Odessa III and IV.
On the 9th of November 3073 Chandrasekhar Kurita won naval support from both the Lyran Alliance and Clan Wolf-in-Exile for a strike mission he was planning against the Ruins of Gabriel. In 3074 a small task force consisting of elements from the Lyran Alliance Armed Forces, Clan Wolf-in-Exile, and several mercenary units hired by Chandrasekhar Kurita attacked the Ruins. In the fighting the Mjolnir-class battleship LAS Yggdrasil was damaged and the Baron-class WoBS Light of Faith was destroyed; while the Blakists were able to beat the attack off, they poisoned Odessa III. To deny information to their enemies, the Word of Blake stripped the base of all available information, destroyed the Naga class ship that was undergoing repairs within the facility, and programmed all their drone fighters to self-destruct.
On the 17th of April 3075 an unidentified Shadow Division was reported to have recaptured the Ruins of Gabriel; while details were sketchy, the Shadow Division was believed to have been supported by two Blakist WarShips, an Essex-class destroyer and a Black Lion-class battlecruiser. The first forces to arrive to contest the renewed Word of Blake presence at the Ruins of Gabriel were a mix of Lyran and Clan Wolf-in-Exile WarShips, which arrived on the 18th of May, a month after the Word of Blake recaptured the facility. The first battles between the allied forces and the Blakists ended in a standoff, a standoff that would be broken four days later when Clan Ghost Bear forces arrived in the Odessa system. The Ghost Bears emerged at one of the system pirate points, and their first act was to order the combined Lyran and Wolf-in-Exile force to stand down; the Ghost Bears then crippled a Lyran WarShip that attempted to intervene in the impending battle between the Ghost Bears and the Blakists. As the remaining Lyran and Wolf-in-Exile forces stood off, the Ghost Bears attacked the Word of Blake, but proved unable to prevent the Blakist forces scuttling the Ruins of Gabriel facility and escaping from the Odessa system. The various battles did see the Blakist Essex-class WoBS Enlightened Spark destroyed, however.
 Notable Species
Homeworld of the Odessan Raxx
 Nearby Planets
Planets within 2 jumps (60 light-years). Closest planets first:
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Handbook: House Steiner, p. 13, "Protectorate of Donegal world within the Lyran Commonwealth before  and after at their founding in "
- ↑ Historical: Reunification War, p. 159, "Inner Sphere Map "
- ↑ Era Report: 2750, p. 37, "Inner Sphere - 2750"
- ↑ Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 11, "Inner Sphere - 2765"
- ↑ Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Historical: War of 3039, p. 140, "Deployment Table"
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 7.3 Jihad Hot Spots: 3076, p. 13
- ↑ Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 14, "Timeline of the Jihad"
- ↑ Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 53, "The Jihad In Review"
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 10.2 Jihad Hot Spots: 3076, p. 36, "Notice To Shipping"
- ↑ Jihad Hot Spots: 3076, p. 37
- ↑ Jihad Hot Spots: 3076, p. 34, "Timeline of the Jihad"
- ↑ 13.0 13.1 13.2 Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 52, "The Jihad In Review"
- ↑ 14.0 14.1 Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 128, "Original Word Of Blake Fleet"
- ↑ Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 15-16, "Timeline of the Jihad"
- ↑ 16.0 16.1 Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 54, "The Jihad In Review"
- ↑ Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 16, "Timeline of the Jihad"