160th BattleMech Division
- June News Roundup 2020 - Supplemental
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For June 2020
- Did You Know? Other Games Come And Go, But MechWarrior: Living Legends Is Here To Stay
- Community Outreach - Michael At Metal Core Collectibles Talks About 3D Printing And Making Fan Designs
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May 2020
- Read more →
|160th BattleMech Division|
|Unit Profile (as of 2764)|
|Nickname||The Sirius Division|
|Parent Formation||Star League Defense Force|
The One Hundred Sixtieth BattleMech Division was a part of the Star League Defense Force Regular Army.
Second Hidden War
The Second Hidden War, also known as the War of Davion Succession, was a conflict fought between the Draconis Combine and the Federated Suns during the latter half of the 2720s. The War began with a Combine offensive against Marduk, followed by an ad hoc AFFS counter-offensive which rapidly stalled, and then a steady push into the Federated Suns by DCMS forces. After the death of First Prince Joseph Davion of the Federated Suns on Royal the Star League was nearly wracked by an internal coup, an internal coup which led in turn to a new Commanding General of the SLDF, a General who wasn't prepared to sit idly by while Star League member states battled each other openly. General Rebecca Fetladral launched Operation SMOTHER, a five Division strong SLDF deployment into the disputed region, with orders to seperate the combatants and restore order.
As a part of Operation SMOTHER the 160th was deployed to the world of Royal, the world on which Joseph Davion had been executed by Combine forces; the DCMS troops on Royal attempted to overrun the beachhead established by the 160th, but were instead driven back and then pushed offworld. Among those from the 160th who received awards for gallantry during the battle of the beachhead was a young Captain Aleksandr Kerensky, the future Commanding General of the SLDF.
In 2764 the 160th was assigned to District 1 of the Draconis Combine Military Region (DCMR) as a part of the VIII Corps, Fourteenth Army. The 160th was then transferred to District 3 of the DCMR by 2765 to take part in the SLDF response to the Periphery Uprising.
|Commanding Officers of the 160th BattleMech Division|
- 1601st Brigade 
- 1602nd Brigade
- 1603rd Brigade
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 18, "A Plague On Both Your Houses: The War of Davion Succession (Second Hidden War)"
- The Star League, p. 147, "Fourteenth"
- The Star League, p. 68, "Rising Through the Ranks"
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 13