284th BattleMech Division
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August 2020
- MechWarrior 5 DLC, Heroes Of The Inner Sphere, Previewed In Podcasts And Streams
- MechCommander Returns As a MechWarrior 5 Mod
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2020
- The Evolution Of Long-Range Missiles In BattleTech, or Why You Should Shut Up And Love The LRM-5
- Read more →
|284th BattleMech Division|
|Unit Profile (as of 2764)|
|Nickname||The Caph Division|
|Parent Formation||XXIII Corps|
The 284th BattleMech Division was a part of the Star League Defense Force Regular Army.
In 2764 the 284th was assigned, as a part of the XXIII Corps, Fifteenth Army, to District 2 of the Draconis Combine Military Region. Though intended to be a multinational force like the 410th BattleMech Division over time many of the officers from the Star League Member States and Terran Hegemony were promoted out of the unit. This left many officers from the Periphery nations in command, and morale suffered as they saw other officers "pass them by". The SLDF command tried to remedy this by assigning new officers from the Terran Hegemony to the unit, but as of 2765 this had made little difference to the morale problem.
During the Periphery Uprising it was moved to an undisclosed area of the Periphery. In 2782 an ad-hoc regiment of personnel were persuaded to join the Outworlds Alliance, and in 2784 these troops were used to reactivate the Alpheratz Guards.
|Commanding Officers of the 284th BattleMech Division|
- 2841st Brigade 
- 2842nd Brigade
- 2843rd Brigade
- First Succession War, p. 34, "Those Left Behind (Continued)"
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 183
- The Star League, p. 148, "Fifteenth"
- The Star League, p. 133
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 13