3rd Andurien Guards
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August 2020
- MechWarrior 5 DLC, Heroes Of The Inner Sphere, Previewed In Podcasts And Streams
- MechCommander Returns As a MechWarrior 5 Mod
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2020
- The Evolution Of Long-Range Missiles In BattleTech, or Why You Should Shut Up And Love The LRM-5
- Read more →
|Third Andurien Guard|
|Unit Profile (as of 3145)|
|Parent Formation||Andurien Guard|
The Dark Age
Like the other regiments of the Andurien Guard, the Third Andurien Guard was founded to act as a defensive force, taking advantage of heavy equipment to stand up to invaders, in deliberate contrast with the hit-and-run tactics of the sister regiments in the Andurien Rangers. The Third was one of the Andurien Guard regiments to be founded during the Dark Age, after the Duchy of Andurien had seceded from the Free Worlds League during the Jihad.
During the war between the Duchy and the Oriente Protectorate the Third demonstrated their aptitude for anti-invasion work when they prevented the Oriente Hussars from pushing further into the Duchy.
|Commanding Officers of the 3rd Andurien Guards|
The Dark Age
With an emphasis on defensive operations, the Third used heavy aerospace fighters to demoralize invading forces through ground-support and bombing attacks. The Third specialized in anti-assault tactics more than any other Guard regiment, helping earn their reputation for reliably halting invasion forces. The Third regularly trained alongside units from the Andurien Rangers and Andurien Cavalry to improve coordination between the various brigades.
Colors and Insignia
The paint scheme used by the Third consisted of vertical stripes in alternating shades of khaki and green.
Third Andurien Guards (2 Battalions/Regular/Reliable)
- CO: Colonel Jennifer Cooper
Third Guard Aerospace Wing (Veteran/Reliable)
- CO: Commander Lula Christensen
Third Guard Armor Battalion (Regular/Questionable)
- CO: Major Myrtly Hicks
Third Guard Infantry Brigade (Green/Reliable)
- CO: Colonel Krystal Austin
- Field Manual: 3145 refers to the Andurien Guards as the Andurien Guard in the text, but the Andurien Guards in the unit table listing.
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 113, "Andurien Guard"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 117, "Free Worlds League Military - Andurien Defense Force"