4th Royal Infantry Division
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August 2020
- MechWarrior 5 DLC, Heroes Of The Inner Sphere, Previewed In Podcasts And Streams
- MechCommander Returns As a MechWarrior 5 Mod
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2020
- The Evolution Of Long-Range Missiles In BattleTech, or Why You Should Shut Up And Love The LRM-5
- Read more →
|4th Royal Infantry Divisiion|
|Unit Profile (as of 2764)|
|Nickname||The Gurkha Rifles|
|Parent Formation||LXIII Corps|
The Fourth Royal Infantry Division or The Gurkha Rifles was a part of the Star League Defense Force Regular Army. It was originally formed as the 4th Division during the creation of the SLDF in 2571, and was a part of II Corps during the Reunification War, where it served in the Outworlds Alliance campaign from 2581 to 2583 before being transferred to the Taurian Concordat front in 2584.
As a part of the Outworlds Alliance task force, the 4th was stationed on Conroe when military action against the Alliance began, deploying to Niles and Sevon in 2581, before consolidating on Sevon in 2582. During 2583 all three of the Brigades that made up the 4th were deployed to Cerberus, with the 10th Brigade also seeing action on Quatre Belle, Mitchella and Loparri.
Having been redeployed to Victralla in 2584, the 4th saw action on Hanseta in 2585 and 2586, MacLeod's Land in 2587 and New Vandenberg in 2588. The 4th saw combat again in 2590 on Desolate Plains before returning to New Vandenberg in 2591, where the 4th would remain until being deployed into the Hyades Cluster in 2593.
By 2764 the 4th Division had become one of the SLDF's Royal units, consisting of troops recruited from the Terran Hegemony, and was assigned as a part of the LXIII Corps, Sixth Army, to District 2 of the Capellan Confederation Military Region. During the Periphery Uprising the Division was moved to an undisclosed area of the Periphery in 2765. The 4th survived the campaign in the Periphery but was destroyed during the Hegemony Campaign.
|Commanding Officers of the 4th Royal Infantry Division|
The 4th Division (3 Brigades)
Despite the doctrine and organization originally defined for divisions during the creation of the SLDF, the 4th would most likely have been a mélange of combined armed units.
The 4th Royal Infantry Division (3 Brigades)
As an infantry division, the 4th would have consisted of two brigades of non-mechanized infantry and one brigade of light BattleMechs, plus an air wing and combat and logistical support units.
It was confirmed by the author of Historical: Reunification War that in general, the Divisions listed within the Star League sourcebook be traced back directly to those Divisions listed within Historial: Reunification War.
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 140, "Outworlds Alliance Front"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 142-3, "Taurian Concordat Front"
- The Star League, p. 154, "Sixth"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 27, "Divisions and Brigades"
- Ask The Writers: Star League Divisions: Reunification War to Liberation of Terra