9th Fang (Clan Steel Viper)
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August 2020
- MechWarrior 5 DLC, Heroes Of The Inner Sphere, Previewed In Podcasts And Streams
- MechCommander Returns As a MechWarrior 5 Mod
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2020
- The Evolution Of Long-Range Missiles In BattleTech, or Why You Should Shut Up And Love The LRM-5
- Read more →
|Unit Profile (as of 3061)|
|Parent Formation||Omega Galaxy|
The Ninth Fang had taken up position on the planet Waldorff by 3054. It was badly damaged when the Seventh Talon Cluster of Clan Jade Falcon raided the planet in June 3057, and was still recovering in December 3060.
The Ninth was not on the Steel Viper roster in 3067. Its final fate is not known, but it is likely that it was destroyed when the Vipers were ejected from the Inner Sphere. Alternatively it is possibly that it was destroyed during the fighting against Clan Snow Raven in 3065, when the Vipers took heavy losses. 
|Commanding Officers of the 9th Fang|
|Star Colonel||Dakan Hartford||3061|
In the 3050s the Galaxy Commander had give the orders to the Star Colonel of the Cluster to use all opportunities to secure victory. This included urban warfare, traps and other 'dirty Inner Sphere tactics'.
Ninth Fang - Regular/Reliable 
- Objective Raids, p. 30
- Field Manual: Warden Clans, p. 149, "9th Fang Profile"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 66