Anti-Ship Electronic Warfare Missile
- Community Outreach - Tex Talks BattleTech
- Clan Invasion Approaches $2 Million Stretch Goal, Teases UrbanMech Plushie
- What’s up with Catalyst? at GenCon 2019
- MechWarrior 5 Confirmed As Epic Games Store Exclusive
- Clan Invasion Boxed Set Funded In 7 Freakin’ Minutes, Catalyst Frantically Throwing Up Stretch Goals
- Read more →
|Anti-Ship Electronic Warfare (ASEW) Missile|
|Type||Bombs (External Ordnance Weapon)|
|Year Availability||IS = 3067 LA|
|Year Introduced||IS = 3067 LA|
|Damage||See rules for this equipment in the Advanced Weapons And Equipment section, TacOps on p. 358|
|Ammo Cost (per ton)||10,000|
|Ammo BV (1.0)||N/A|
|Ammo BV (2.0)||75|
Anti-Ship Electronic Warfare Missiles, also called ASEW Missiles, were a type of Arrow IV missile mounted on Aerospace Fighters' external hardpoints. The Lyran Alliance began development of the ASEW missile to make up for their small fleet size, however prototypes of these weapons were still undergoing testing at the breakout of the Jihad and never entered into mass production. Unable to be used in an atmosphere or launched from a standard Arrow IV platform, these missiles do not damage a ship directly but instead cripple weapons accuracy, render Naval C3 and Naval Comm-Scanner Suite systems ineffective, and jam a Kearny-Fuchida Drive with electronic static to delay its ability to jump. Despite the missile's rarity, the resistance movement within the Word of Blake-controlled Free Worlds League did procure a number of ASEW missiles for use in their raids on larger ships.
Each missile takes 6 bomb slots and weights 2 tons. Its cost is 20,000 Cbills, and Tech rating is marked E/X-X-E. ASEW missiles suffer a +4 modifier to hit targets less than 500 tons, and may not be launched by units within an atmosphere or at the Space/Atmosphere Interface.
- Tactical Operations, p. 358, "Anti-Ship Electronic Warfare (ASEW) Missile"