|Manufacturer||Vining Engineering and Salvage Team|
|'Mech type||Inner Sphere BattleMech|
|Chassis||Hollis Mark 2B|
|Armor||York Industries CTC-0 Light Ferro-Fibrous|
|Engine||VLAR Light 300|
|Communications System||Sipher Security Plus|
|Targeting Tracking System||Hartford S2000A|
|Heat Sinks||10 double heat sinks|
A Solaris VII BattleMech, the Aquagladius was designed to fight in underwater arenas. Based on the Crab BattleMech, the Aquagladius uses several experimental systems to improve its underwater performance, the most obvious of which are the Underwater Maneuvering Units, which allow the 'Mech to speed around the underwater arena at 83% of its walking speed.
Weapons and Equipment
The Aquagladius' main armament is the Alpha BattleMech taser, which is backed up with a flail for close range combat, or destroying disabled targets. The 'Mech is powered by a 300-rated light engine mounted on an endo steel skeleton, protected by nine and a half tons of light ferro-fibrous armor. A BattleMech HarJel System helps prevent flooding should the armor be breached.
- AQS-5 MAM
- Designed by VEST's Consuela Banana-Hammock for the Republic Armed Forces in 3090, this variant uses a 300-rated XXL engine and replaces the BattleMech taser and flail with two small variable speed pulse lasers, two ER flamers, and a heavy PPC with PPC capacitor. Also included is Triple-Strength Myomer and, instead of HarJel, a MechWarrior Aquatic Survival System. This marine assault 'Mech was used by a dedicated amphibious warfare company stationed on Terra, which saw no combat through 3135. BV (2.0) = 1,946
- MUL online date for the Aquagladius
- Technical Readout: 3055 Upgrade, p. 149
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 246
- Technical Readout: 3055 Upgrade, p. 148
- Experimental Technical Readout: Caveat Emptor, p. 14
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 247
- BattleMech Manual, p. 90 Battlemech Quirk Table - Aquagladius Entry.