- MechWarrior Online's Renaissance Is All Thanks To The Developers Putting Players In Charge
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For April 2021
- Why You Should Actually Trust BattleTech’s Mysteriously Short-Ranged Autocannons
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For March, 2021
- Read more →
The Atlantean was a Potemkin-class cruiser acquired by Clan Diamond Shark during the Dark Age as the result of a trade with the Raven Alliance. In or around 3090 the Raven Alliance found its need for a dedicated transport fleet of WarShips lessening, and Diamond Shark Khan Nagasawa saw an opportunity for a beneficial trade. In 3091 he proposed to Clan Snow Raven that four Diamond Shark WarShips be exchanged for four Snow Raven WarShips. This proved a contentious proposal for the warriors of the Snow Raven touman, but ultimately the trade was agreed. The Diamond Sharks transferred four WarShips to the Snow Ravens - the Nightlord-class battleship Terror of the Deep, the Essex-class destroyers Tracy and Architeuthis and the Fredasa-class corvette Swift Strike - and in exchange received three Potemkin-class cruisers, the Epimetheus, Treachery and Wild Swan, and the Volga-class transport Scavenger.
The Diamond Sharks evidently renamed the four ships, although it is unclear exactly what the four ships were renamed to. Three Potemkins were active amongst the various Khanates of Clan Sea Fox in the Dark Age with names previously unseen in canon, suggesting that the Epimetheus, Treachery and Wild Swan correspond to these three ships, but this has yet to be confirmed. The three newly-detailed Potemkins were the Atlantean, the ArcShip of the Skate Khanate, the Abyssal, home to the Skate Khanate's Beta Aimag, and the Voidswimmer, home to the Delta Aimag of the Spina Khanate.
- Era Report: 3145, p. 74-76, "Alliance Naval Star"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 166, "The Alliance Fleet"
- Field Report: Clans, p. 18-19, "Fleet Assets"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 169-170, "Clan Sea Fox"