- MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Has Arrived - Here's What You Can Expect
- The 'Mech That Looks Most Like A Turkey
- Community Outreach - How Michael Todd Met Robert N. Charrette
- Community Outreach - The Robert N. Charrette Collection
- New Heavy Metal Trailer For HBS’ BattleTech Reveals New ‘Mech: The Bull Shark
- Read more →
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere (Advanced)|
|Power Plant||Magna 350 XL|
|Fuel||400 - 5 Tons|
|Communications System||Rander 200B with Guardian ECM Suite|
|Tracking & Targeting System||Rander TA1000 with Beagle Active Probe|
|Heat Sinks||12 |
Manufactured for the Armed Forces of the Federated Suns by Wangker Aerospace from their plant on Axton, the Cutlass entered service at the beginning of the thirty-second century. The Cutlass was intended to battle front-line Capellan Confederation Armed Forces fighters such as the Transgressor and Troika, and the Cutlass quickly found itself taking pride of placement in AFFS interceptor squadrons.
Well equipped with advanced electronic systems, the Cutlass makes good use of its Guardian ECM Suite to close within range of the primary weapons; high acceleration and sixteen tons of Wangker Solarion Reflective Armor help protect the Cutlass after it strikes with its weapons. The Cutlass was swiftly in service in both the Capellan and Draconis Marches.
Weapons and Equipment
The Cutlass mounts a single Poland Main Model C Gauss Rifle in the nose alongside a single ExoStar ER Large Laser. These systems are mounted in addition to a Guardian ECM Suite and Beagle Active Probe, and with two tons of ammunition for the Gauss Rifle carried internally. For engagements at shorter ranges the Cutlass mounts a pair of Martell ER Medium Lasers in each wing.
- Technical Readout: 3145 Federated Suns, p. 52-53, "CUT-01D Cutlass"
- online date for the Cutlass
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 220
- Technical Readout: 3145 Federated Suns, p. 106, "CUT-01E Cutlass Record Sheet"
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 221