- Community Outreach - The Robert N. Charrette Collection
- New Heavy Metal Trailer For HBS’ BattleTech Reveals New ‘Mech: The Bull Shark
- You Can Now Play MechWarrior 2 And MechWarrior 2: Mercenaries On Your Browser... Sort Of
- Talking BattleTech Fiction with Philip A. Lee
- Community Outreach - Tex Talks BattleTech
- Read more →
|Primary Site(s)|| Axton|
|Primary Products|| Aerospace Fighter|
Star League Era & Succession Wars
When first established prior to the fall of the Star League, the then interstellar corporation was expanded to five different worlds providing fighters for both the Terran Hegemony and the Federated Suns. Its most noted product was the Corsair. The fighter was designed for the Star League Defense Force, which was recovering from the Amaris Coup.
The Succession Wars were not kind to Wangker. Its plant on Connaught was captured by Free Worlds League forces. The plant had a small production line, which made a limited amount of fighters for the League. It and the rest of Wangker's complexes that were targeted were destroyed in the opening rounds of the First Succession War. The corporation faced extinction with all of its manufacturing facilities reduced to ruins. However, the company was able to deploy teams technicians specialized in reclamation to the ruins of its complexes. These salvage teams gathered all the usable equipment from these factories before they were worked over by salvagers. These materials were brought to Axton, where that site was rebuilt by the middle of the Second Succession War. Due to the complex being the product of what became LosTech, it suffered over the course of the centuries from being worn down. Additionally the company's Axton site became the target of raids from the Capellan Confederation. Those raid's damages inflicted to it were minor compared to the devastation of the First Succession War.
Recovery of Star League Technology
At the dawn of the thirty-first century, Wangker's production equipment showed signs of almost complete failure. The company was able to rebuild during the 3020s and 3030s with the recovery of the Helm Memory Core. This event shaped the company's fortunes for the better. The recovered technology allowed the company's production lines to be fully restored and even allowed for enhancing its products so far as to make them reach the standards of the FedSuns' armies.
The Jihad and Devastation
Wangker's Axton complex was the target of a raid by the 33rd Division of the Word of Blake in 3074. Wangker received the worst damage it had seen since the First Succession War. The facilities were so badly damaged, that by 3075 its expanded complex was still unable to produce any aerospace fighters.
After the Jihad, Boeing Interstellar would purchase Wangker's surviving facilities and bring them under their ownership. Boeing would use Wangker's technology and components to produce the Sagittarii light fighter for the Republic of the Sphere from the old company's components used to produce the Tomahawk light fighter.
During the middle of the thirty-second century, the Wangker's Mars facilities would become isolated from the rest of the Inner Sphere. This would occur when the Republic of the Sphere would execute its desperate Fortress Republic protocols. Wangker would double production of combat units it produces for the RAF, including the Schrack OmniFighter.
The company's CEO in 3067 is Baron Tevile Wester III.
Wangker Aerospace has manufacturing centers on the following planet(s):
Note: During the Jihad the Axton facility suffered heavy capital and personal losses of 95%, and the operating capacity of the factory is reduced to 25% of their main production volume in 3079. The plant's production in 3079 was restricted to Corsair and Thunderbird fighters.
|Components produced on Connaught:|
|CSR-V12 Corsair||Medium Aerospace Fighters|
|Components produced on Mars:|
|THK-63CS Tomahawk||Light AeroSpace Fighters|
|SCK-O Schrack||Medium OmniFighter|
|Fusion Engine - XL|
|Krupp 300 XL||Schrack|
|Armor - FA - Aerospace Fighters|
|Fiber 10 Ferro-Aluminum||Tomahawk|
|Fiber 15 Heavy Ferro-Aluminum||Schrack|
|COMSTAT 500 ATM||Schrack|
|IMB SYS 5000||Tomahawk|
|IMB SYS 6000||Schrack|
- Technical Readout: 3039, p. 200, "Corsair" - Wangker produces Corsair for SLDF prior to its Exodus.
- Handbook: House Davion, pp. 168-169, "Wangker Aerospace company profile" - Update history brief in earlier eras.
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 168-169, "Corporate History up to 3067".
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 94, "33rd Division" - Raids in mid-3074 causes production at Axton plant to cease.
- Technical Readout: 3085, p. 114 Sagittarii - Fluff of the fighter shows that Wangker Aerospace was purchased by Boeing Interstellar.
- Technical Readout: 3145Republic of the Sphere, pp. 50-51 & 133 SCK-O Schrack - Background fluff for Schrack notes the factory doubling its production on Mars for Republic during Fortress Republic.
- Objectives: Federated Suns, p. 4, "State of the Industry Table"
- Objectives: Federated Suns, p. 6
- Experimental Technical Readout: Boondoggles p. 14, "BSE-X2 Banshee AeroSpace Fighter Profile"
- Objective Raids, p. 89, "Produced Wangker Aerospace Components"
- Technical Readout: Prototypes, p. 172, "Produced Corsair variant Components"
- Experimental Technical Readout: Davion, p. 12, "Produced Experimental Corsair variant"
- Technical Readout: 3145 Federated Suns, p. 52-53, "CUT-01D Cutlass"
- Technical Readout: 3050 Upgrade, p. 234, "Produced Tomahawk fighter compoents on Mars"
- Technical Readout: 3039, p. 200, Upgrades V18 variant listed.
- Technical Readout: 3039, p. 200, "Deployment" - small manufacturing line noted in captured during 1st Succession War & destroyed.
- Technical Readout: 3145 Republic of the Sphere, p. 50, "SCK-O Schrack"
- Experimental Technical Readout: Boondoggles
- Experimental Technical Readout: Davion
- Handbook: House Davion
- House Davion (The Federated Suns)
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents
- Objective Raids
- Objectives: Federated Suns
- Technical Readout: 3025
- Technical Readout: 3039
- Technical Readout: 3050 Upgrade
- Technical Readout: Prototypes
- Technical Readout: 3145 Federated Suns
- Technical Readout: 3145 Republic of the Sphere